Movies Anyone around here watch Anime?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by SamusAran86, Nov 2, 2007.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I luv anime.

Naruto and One Piece are my favs.

trying to get into Bo Bobobo, Bleach and Hikaru No Go

better than anything released in america in the last 10 (maybe more) years

Back in the day, it was Transformers, Thundercats, M.A.S.K, Voltron (mostly Japanese toons, least started there)

I cant stand the stuff they put on TV now

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The only thing "anime" I've ever really watched was DragonBall Z (yes, it's true), so I don't really know about the better quality stuff out there. I didn't mind DBZ when I watched it though. I liked the character drawing styles actually and I was into cartooning and art a lot more back then (Heck I was in highschool art class at the time too lol). I'm not really into anime style shows now anyway though and mostly just stick to movies, sitcoms, and dramas.

3. SamusAran86

DBZ was a cool series, seen it all, DB/DBZ/GT

another one of the cool ones, I am just talkin current.

went from comedy to action to a mix of both. I just wish toriyama (sp?) would go back to it instead od working on dragon quest/ blue dragon/ other games

4. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Yeah I had a DBZ faze too, I loved it at the time but when I think back it seems kind of silly. The way it would take like 30 episodes for someone to power up always used to annoy me.
    Other anime's I've watched are, Street fighter 2, Blood: the last vampire, Akira, Ghost in the shell. Theres also a series that I've started to like called Monster which is pretty interesting.

5. SamusAran86

oh, and dont forget Gundam and Robotech

6. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi ya.

As many on here know i'm big into anime. I was watching it before I ever saw looney Toons or any of the other US cartoons.

I love a good anime (not the cutsie crap) like Naruto, one peice, pokemon, or half of the crap that they claim is anime..

If you want to see real anime then check out Wicked City, Ghost in the shell, AKIRA, Bastard, Battle submarine RA, and Vampire Hunter D and Big wars, Ninja Scrol or for the older schooler there is Starblazers, My youth in Arcadia
    Battle for the planets.

The list can go on and on if you want the good stuff then go to US Manga. com for the best.

And I would have to throw the old GI Joe and transformers and Robotech into the anime mix too.

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

All that I watched was Dragon Ball Z, and for some reason that seems to be very well known around here, it kind of declined toward the end of the show though, they shouldn't have changed the character voices.

Dragonball was good too, Dragon Ball GT was OK but not as good as it could have been.

8. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I thought Dragon Ball GT was appauling... I couldn't even watch it after a point because it was too much damage to my childhood love of Z.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

DBZ was pretty popular in the US a few years ago. Was it big in the UK as well? Anyway, the plot of GT sounded so ridiculous that I never even watched a single episode.

10. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

I just watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. Don't really like any of the other anime. Sometimes I watch Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and Futurama.