Anyone a coin collecting "nut" like I am?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garetvet44, May 7, 2005.

1. garetvet44

garetvet44 Registered Member

I mainly collect ancient Roman coins, but I also love to collect the state quarters and the new nickel types coming out. Keep watching your change -You can still find interesting things - last week I found a 1956 silver quarter!

2. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

hello and welcome to the site yes i also collect the state quarters i have a roll of each state that is out now i also have a bunch of old silver coins i collect also

3. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I'm not a collector by my husband is... he collects coins and bills from all over the world and also penney's. He tries to stick mainly to the countries that he has gone too durring his military career

4. garetvet44

garetvet44 Registered Member

what branch was he in? I have also obtained many coins from countries such as Kuwait, Turkey, Germany etc that I was at while in the Air Force.

5. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I used to collect the state quarters, but had hard times and cashed them all in!

I have a little collection of OLD pennies and silver coins from my almost 12 years working as a cashier. Its funny what you will find from time to time.

I also have a box of OLD foriegn coins. keep meaning to look them up to see how much they are worth, I kinda find this funny because I was thinking about this last night, and today this topic pops up. Maybe Ill ebay em lol

6. Mina

Mina Registered Member

He was in the Navy for 4 years and then joined the Coast Guard and served another 11 1/2 years before getting a 60% disabliity retirement. He wants to go back in soooo bad.

7. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

My first husband was the biggest coin collector ever.

On our first date he took me to a coin show.

I was so bored out of my mind. Here we were standing looking at a coin for like 15 minutes, just staring at it. I couldn't stand the boredom.

So what did I do? I FAINTED!!!

I woke up and they had me on a chair , holding my head down.

At least that got him out of the coin show. LOL

Now you know what happens if I get too bored.

8. Mina

Mina Registered Member

That's one way to deal with it!!! Thanks for the GREAT idea if I ever have to go to a coin show with my hubby :lol:

9. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Evenin all :) My father in law is really BIG into coins. In the 8 years I've known him he has taught me alot about double stamping and where the mints come from. I dont actually collect them myself but if I find something I think may be of value I tuck it away for my next trip to Florida for an "In-Law-Appraisal" :D

10. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

well, I have 180+ coins from around the world some dating back to the late 1800's.

I was thinking of doing a mystery coin box type auction, but I dont know if it would get any attention