• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game Cube anyone 100% wind waker????

blacklion000

i tried to 100% zelda: wind waker before but the annoying part is the treasure!!!!

it really got to me

dDave

V.I.P.
well there are 100 treasure maps in the game but it is really pointless to go for all of the treasure because you don't need it all just some of it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
No. There's way too much annoying stuff to collect. Has anyone tried collecting all the figurines?

dDave

V.I.P.
Oh that stupid Nintendo museum, it was so incredibly annoying, you have to take a picture of every person in the entire game, I thought that it was impossible to do, I remember trying to do it with the black and white single picture pictobox, I was really mad when I figured out that there was a pictobox that I could take 3 color pictures and have the figurines in color. I just gave up.

I did get like 17 hearts though, And I did a whole bunch of special charts like, I completed my ocean chart, found the great fairy chart, submarine chart, platform chart, ghost ship chart.

it was a fun game, they just should have concentrated on more dungeons rather than doing a whole bunch of never ending side quests.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I have never completed it fully (only part not completed was figurines)

When I play it I play to reach certain parts that I loved, like returning to Hyrule Castle (best part of the game IMO) There are other points I like to play through, like the Mirror dungeon (cant remember what its called) action fill with puzzle, thats what I call a Zelda game

I want to try Phantom hourglass... since it retains WW's art style, I just hope they havent abandoned it, cause this is what I saw Zelda as when I was a kid... a interactive cartoon

dDave

V.I.P.
Windwaker was a good game so they should be fine with keeping the same graphics I had no problem with the way that windwakers graphics looked, except for the zombies in the mirror dungeon and the smoke animations but other than that it was perfect and attracted people of all ages.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I want to try Phantom hourglass... since it retains WW's art style, I just hope they havent abandoned it, cause this is what I saw Zelda as when I was a kid... a interactive cartoon
I don't want to get into a graphics debate or anything, and if you like the Wind Waker art style that's great, but I hate when I hear people say "Zelda has always been a cartoon." The only reason the first few games were cartoony is because those were the best graphics possible at the time! Metroid was a cartoon too. Look at what it's turned into and how awesome it is.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
you have your taste, I have mine, and I like that perticular art style better. If you dont want to start a debate, dont, just let your taste be known and leave it at that.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
@Echoes, Zelda is Nintendo's biggest "RPG". It is also their Mario of RPG's. What zelda game HASN'T been somewhat cartoonish? Even Ocarina of Time was based off of an Anime zelda look, and so is Twilight Princess.

Let's just face it, Zelda lands in the Manga/Anime category when it comes to graphics. It has certainly NEVER been anything near the Final Fantasy series when it comes to realistic looking characters and I prefer it that way. I thought WW introduced an awes me look for the Zelda games. A lot of people don't like it because they say it's cartoony, but who cares? Why does cartoony have to be bad? I thought WW hit the nail on the head. It's how I always envisioned a Zelda game to look. I don't mind the newer more realistic look either, but you won't ever hear me complain about either. I just really liked the cell-shaded look. It really made the game stand out and personally I liked it better than the OOT style.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
OK, this is exactly what I DIDN'T want to happen. Samus obviously didn't even read my post despite the fact that it was three lines long.

Andrew...First of all, Zelda is not an RPG. Ocarina of Time might not have had the most realistic looking characters, but I don't think "Anime" when I see them. Link definitely doesn't look like a 5 year old Powerpuff Girl. All the environments and a lot of the enemies have a realistic look to them. Ocarina of Time was a lot more atmospheric than Wind Waker, and I attribute that mostly to the graphics. Why did they have to make Zelda appeal more to young kids than the young adults who have been playing the series since the beginning? I've lost faith in Nintendo and the Zelda series, which is why I didn't rush out to buy Twilight Princess.