• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anybody Watch Wrestlng In The 1980's ???

ATARIGUY

Beermister
Anyone watched Wrestling or remember any wrestlers in the 1980's ???

I remember. . . . . . .

Pedro Morales
Rocky Johnson (father of The Rock)
Tony Atlas
Adian Adonis
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

More wrestlers and tagteams in my next post

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll touch on two of those names...

Ricky Steamboat was one of the best performers I have ever seen from any generation. That match he had with Savage at WM3 was one of the best of all time. I cant say enough about him. A future HOF.

Adonis I saw a couple matches and he was pretty good. I know he died at an early age...I think a car crash...which is a shame.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watched a bit of it in the late 80's but pretty much started to watch wrestling in the early 90's-mid 90's, but I've seen a lot of highlights of matches that were in the 80's and I have to agree with Millz Steamboat vs Savage was just an amazing match, you had to have a lot of indurance to be in that match with all the pins and such.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
If I remember correctly Adrian Adonis had the skills to get out of any hold he was put in and he was a technical wrestler but if you wanted a brawl then he would brawl.

I believe Adonis beat Ric Flair for the belt and I believe Flair won it back in the rematch.

Other Wrestlers from the 80s that I remember. . . . . . .

The Wild Samoans
Captain Lou Albano (manager)
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
The Rock & Roll Express

More to follow . . . . . . .

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
oops I replied on the wrong thread. :D

Yeah i watched in the early 80s. I was struggling to come up with some of those names. Who was it that cut Andre the Giant's hair after that one match, was that Hulk Hogan?

Rowdy Roddy Piper.

(look at me i'm posting in Wrestling :D)

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
oops I replied on the wrong thread. :D

Yeah i watched in the early 80s. I was struggling to come up with some of those names. Who was it that cut Andre the Giant's hair after that one match, was that Hulk Hogan?

Rowdy Roddy Piper.

(look at me i'm posting in Wrestling :D)
uh oh we're in trouble now haha

I dont remember the cutting of the hair thing. Maybe that was Brutus the Barber Beefcake? He was closely tied with Hogan, so I guess it's possible

Piper is a legend

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
aha! it was Big John Studd & Ken Patera, Bobby Heenan's boys.

king kong bundy. :D

ATARIGUY

Beermister
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

The Rockers

The Midnight Express

Barry Windham

Mike Rotunda

"Wildfire" Tommy Rich

In the early 80's there was a young mexican who's finishing menuver was the flying elbow and he would yell "aaaarrriba" or something like that ??

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

The Rockers

The Midnight Express

Barry Windham

Mike Rotunda

"Wildfire" Tommy Rich

In the early 80's there was a young mexican who's finishing menuver was the flying elbow and he would yell "aaaarrriba" or something like that ??
Tito Santana?

Nice, gotta love the Rockers for sure. I loved Rotunda when he was IRS and tagged up with Ted Dibiase.