Anybody Else Gettin The Feeling...

Discussion in 'NBA' started by dogman652, Jun 3, 2007.

1. dogman652

dogman652 Guest

That LeBron James is getting help from the NBA. Me and my freinds are starting to think so. I mean, don't you think the timing is just a little to convienient. MJ retires, NBA are in need of a new superstar who can do amazing things. Then about 2 years later David Stern discourages high-school phenom OJ Mayo from going to the NBA. The NBA have hyped him up with all sorts of posters/promotion and to top it all off that seireis with the Pistions was a little iffy....

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I disagree. While the NBA promotes him more then a lot really he has shown over the last little while that he deserves to be given a lot of the hype. He basically took the Cavs in a couple games this series and brought them to the win. The NBA is like every major sport , They find a guy who will supposedly be the next all star. The NHL has Crosby which is what the NBA has in James. A guy who is supposed to be the next big thing and I think so far he has done enough for himself to get that title.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Whatever's going on with James, I hope it continues into the Finals now. Between the Spurs and the Cavs, I'll root for the Cavs.

4. I don't think the NBA scored the final 25 points against the Pistons' defense for him.

5. andrew_bishop

And if the NBA had any factor in anything he does , Why would he only have 20 points last game and Gibon had 30 something?

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Game 5 was more critical that 6, IMO, even though they won in game 6. 5 was a game that everyone would be watching since the Cavs got momentum coming from 2 straight wins.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't think the NBA is doing anything to help him. He's doing this on his own. Since his high school years he had tons and tons of potential and pressure on him, and now he's carrying his team on his back, and I agree with Oxy the NBA didn't plan him to score 29 of the last 30 points. He's a special player and he's now showing it to everyone.

8. andrew_bishop

If anything the NBA is putting more and more pressure like MJ said on the kid and he just keeps putting it aside and playing great. If you have so much hype around you sometimes you lose focus and it gets to your head but I have not seen that from James yet. James has helped the lonely Cavs back to a contender and he has done much more in his short career. He did that along with his teammates.

9. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

When the Spurs dismantle the Cavs in 5, you'll have your answer....

10. andrew_bishop

Five , If they're lucky.