Any writers here?

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Mirage, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Does anybody else here like to write? I actually love writing and would love to be able to finally sit down and write something. I've been thinking of book ideas for years but haven't really come across anything that I can babble on about for a good 200 pages or so.

Anybody else want to write but can't think of what to write about?

I guess that is why I have 3,000+ posts here. I have a little to say about a lot but not a lot to say about a little. :(

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I am, actually. I'm working on a novel right now, and I always have random blurbs around.

3. Calypso

Calypso New Member

I'm a writer, too. Mostly nonfiction at the moment, to make ends meet, but I've had short stories published, and published a novel called "Visiting Grandma" through Booklocker about five years ago.

What kind of writing do you all do?

4. nangel78

nangel78 Registered Member

I like to write when I can. I have years of poems built up I should go through and try to publish.

5. katharina

katharina Registered Member

I'm a freelance writer/journalist and also a songwriter and publisher. I don't really have a problem with what to write. I usually have too *much* to write. :lol: I haven't been able to find the time for fiction yet, though.

Have you tried making an outline for one of your ideas? When it's in that form and you add new ideas, you may be surprised how easy those 200 pages will come. Good luck with it! Being a writer is terribly exciting!

6. chimzee

chimzee New Member

I'm working on my only good idea for a book. I have TONS of ideas, but a few days later I figure out that they belong in a dumpster. the book I'm working on now is the only one I've acually been able to start.

7. debrajean

debrajean New Member

My first book was published in 2004. "This Ain't Shakespeare..But It Sure Is Real", is a memoir that's available through Amazon.com. I've had articles published at Maine.info (Debra Conklin) as well as articles published in Country Woman magazine and local newspapers. My blog, Deb's Diddies can be read at Blogstream.com. I continue to post in a variety of forums b/c of the interesting conversations and people I meet through them. I am currently working on a fiction novel (based on reality) called "Thrashing Through the Cesspool and Finally Finding Solid Ground."

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's cool Debra. How did you find a publisher? I've had some book ideas for a while but never got around to starting because I don't really understand the process enough.

9. QuietLunatic

QuietLunatic New Member

I self-pubbed my NaNoWriMo book a couple years ago with Lulu.com so I could have a copy. Lulu was giving free copies to folks who had completed their NaNo challenge and I took advantage. I even sold a few copies.

I have two other books out with epublishers, and one of them is also available in trade paperback. One is romantic SF, and the other is erotica. The NaNo book is a murder-mystery/ghost story aimed at 12 year olds.

10. anarch

anarch New Member

I am also a freelance writer - I've written quite a bit of non-fiction, both for the web and for various publications, various newspaper articles and op-eds, and I've had also had quite a bit of prose that has been published. My next goal is to get one of two stories that I've been working on published. One is science-fiction and the other is more of a fantasy piece with spiritual overtones.

In addition to this, I also sculpt and sketch :D Definately love the arts!