Any Wrestlers Here?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Well I've been meaning to make this thread for a long while now.

No this is not a thread for professional wrestling (unless it's stuff like what you would see in the Olympics, no wrestlers who use steroids or anything, no staged matches, only good old wrestling, real wrestling)

I personally am a wrestler, at the 145 Ibs. weight class, and I love it, it's the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life, with season wrapping up in like 1 week I am really glad that I decided to do this sport.

Every sports coach I have ever had in my life, which is like 15 or something, have all told me that wrestling has the most fir athletes and many of those coaches did wrestling themselves, it is certainly the hardest high school sport if the wrestling program is set up correctly, I have done many sports and definitely consider this to be by far the hardest.

Anybody else here a wrestler?

Last edited:

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never was a wrestler competitively but I did get a chance to give it a shot in gym class during high school. For that class we would try to focus on one different sport for two weeks during the year.

The hardest part of the wrestling was the training to get in shape. It seemed like we did more exercises for it then any of the other sports. I wasn't very good at it to be honest. I just couldn't get it right. I kept wanting to do elbow drops and leg drops and throw punches.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
umm wow, those 3 things that you listed that you always wanted to do might be the 3 most illegal things that you can do to someone in a wrestling match without breaking a bone or poking out an eye.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
umm wow, those 3 things that you listed that you always wanted to do might be the 3 most illegal things that you can do to someone in a wrestling match without breaking a bone or poking out an eye.
yeah, exactly. that's why i said i couldn't play the sport because i kept WANTING TO DO those said things.

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
I went to the same high school as Millz...I actually tried to wrestle for about 2 and 1/2 weeks, but was horrible. The only kid I could beat was the foreign exchange student! The exercises were crazy and tiring...I actually had my kidney disease at the time, and didn't know it. This may be why I never seemed to get in shape, no matter how much we ran. When the time for meets starting coming up, I ended up quitting...lol, I was too intimidated by how much I sucked.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah you do suck pretty bad at life

I mean, no you dont...;)

haha just kidding, anyways at least you tried it out and found out it wasn't for you. Better then not giving it a shot

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
lol :)

yeah it was fun while at lasted...felt good to say I was doing at least one sport at some point in high school!

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Nah, I just muck around with mates these days. Like spearing and FU crap. Nothing serious. I hate getting hurt, and have no intensions of ever being a wrestler.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Nah, I just muck around with mates these days. Like spearing and FU crap. Nothing serious. I hate getting hurt, and have no intensions of ever being a wrestler.
Are you sure that you didn't mean sparring? up above you wrote that you do spearing.