• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Any "The Office" fans here?

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
This show is possibly the best sitcom I've ever seen. I can't help but relate it to "Dilbert".
Any one here work in an office who has any experiences that are similar to what happens int he show? Can bosses really be that stupid?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like the feud between Michael and Toby and how Toby is always on Michael's case. I also love the Jim/Dwight moments. The new season is pretty awesome so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how Michael and Dwight don't get fired though. So far each episode of the new season they have both done something that would get almost anybody fired from any job. I'd like to see how the writers keep them "employed" for a whole new season now.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Ha I came into this thread and didn't understand how I didn't recognise any of the names you guys were talking about. I forgot about the American version of the Office, you guys really should watch the original Ricky Gervais version if you havn't already. Its a bit edgier and I prefer it even though I'm a big Steve Carell fan. Maybe it depends on where your from but I'll always be a fan of the original over the American version even though both have their charms.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard the UK version was pretty good too but I never saw it. I'd like to see a few episodes but I'm not sure if it's on on any channels that I have. I find it funny that they made a US version. Maybe they should have just made a whole new show to keep it separate because from what I've heard they are very different to begin with.

dDave

V.I.P.
I love the office, Dwight, Jim, and Kevin are for sure my favorite characters, there are a lot of good one liners.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If this show can stay funny for at least a few more years, I think it'll be right up there with Seinfeld as the best sitcom ever. Every character is funny and I love watching them interact with each other. The only thing that bugs me is when they make Michael act mentally retarded, like when he drove his car into the lake.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Haha.. that episode was hilarious. I agree though, he's been pretty unstable in this new season so far...

He went bankrupt too this season. Also, it's a miracle how the script writers managed to keep Michael out of jail after he basically held the pizza delivery boy hostage in the 2nd episode this season.. I mean, they ignored that fact so well in the next episode. :D

I agree that it is a very funny sitcom, but, that all depends on your use of the word "sitcom". Sure it's a situational comedy, but, it also has drama elements, and a lot of them. It has moments that actually feel serious at times. Luckily just when you are starting to feel awkward, something funny happens again.

Seinfeld really was 99-100% humor. They make fun of everything and everything, and if you have time to take anything seriously in Seinfeld you will soon be left in the dust. It's pure comedy at the core.

That being said, the Office is a very different style of humor. It's still one of my favorite shows right now though so I'm not bashing it by any means. I just don't think it will ever come close, let alone top Seinfeld as the best sitcom ever.

SeptemberBlue

The Office has to be one of the best shows to come around since Seinfeld left. But I do agree, that they have two different formats.
Anyone who works in an office should check it out. You will, without a doubt recognize some of your co-workers in the show.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If I recognize myself in the show is that a bad thing? :D

I've been known to have some fun in the workplace now and then. :)

This season has been hilarious so far. I haven't seen one episode yet that didn't have me laughing right from the getgo. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up this season. Does anybody know when the season is over? What are they at, 8 or so episodes so far this season?