• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

any suggestion if galaxy s4 not using as phone?

jmson

So lately I've decided to have another phone and give my current galaxy s4 to my son. It is installing a MPJ extended battery so battery life doesnt matter. Any other suggestion if he is going to play games and surfing with it without calling or texting? Does it still need sim card?

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't believe it needs a SIM card (not an activated one anyway. It may require having a physical SIM card in the phone still)

You can still use it on wifi. You can use it as a camera, MP3 player, etc

Essentially. All of the functionality that does not depend on a service plan should still work just fine.

Litharnum

Registered Member
I don't believe it needs a SIM card (not an activated one anyway. It may require having a physical SIM card in the phone still)

You can still use it on wifi. You can use it as a camera, MP3 player, etc

Essentially. All of the functionality that does not depend on a service plan should still work just fine.
This is pretty much correct, When I first bought my S4 there was a problem with the sim card and I couldn't use it (the sim card) Quite a few of the features can still be used on the phone, and I would say minus the texting and calls can be used with a decent wifi connection. Some games nowadays require an active connection either through. Service Plan, Home Wifi or another internet connection.

Having said that, there are apps which could replace the texting and calls anyway. Skype for one or a few others if your a US/CA citizen.