• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Any Stargate Atlantis fans here??

gilmoregirlz

Are there any Stargate Atlantis fans here? I'm really looking forward to this weeks new episode. Rodney is once again going to be reunited with his sister. I LOVED the last episode his sister was in, so many laughs, mostly at Rodney's expense, but even so, it was an awesome episode.

I got to thinking that aside from Rodney, we don't really know much about the families of anyone on Atlantis. Of course we know about Carter's family, since she was on SG-1 for so long. And we know just a bit about Ronon's family. But other than that, not a whole lot is known about the other's families, like Col Sheppard and Teyla, for instance. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Which character's family would you like to find out more about?? And why?

I guess that's about it, just thought I'd try to start a bit of an Atlantis discussion here.
:D

-Val

An Official Team Stargate Member

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What's it about? I've heard about it but never watched it yet. I'm a big fan of Atlantis type legends and historical research however I doubt this has much to do with the land under the sea! :D

Teorropy

I watched it a couple of times. I got more into just regular SG1, instead of the spin off. I might look more into it later. Right know I am into 24.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I am a big fan. Not able to watch it on Fridays because of work, but do record so that I can watch it later. I do think this will be a good episode. I can't wait to see and find out exactly what is going to happen at the end of the season.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
Great show, though I am slightly disappointed in this season so far. They were advertising Carter's moving to Atlantis so much that I thought she would have been a bigger part of the dynamic. I've barely seen her at all, though.

I would like to see more of Sheppard's background. The others have been explored a bit, but it's been a while since Sheppard's history was even mentioned at all.

And is it me, or do Sheppard and Rodney seem to have suddenly become huge Batman fans? Well, maybe not Rodney as he's been one for a while, but Sheppard's gotten in on that recently too. Not that I'm complaining, being a huge Batman fan myself. ;)

What's it about? I've heard about it but never watched it yet. I'm a big fan of Atlantis type legends and historical research however I doubt this has much to do with the land under the sea! :D
It is based on those legends, but takes a lot of liberty with them. The premise is that the Atlantis of legend is actually a starship city created by a race of super advanced ancient humans. The city is abandoned at the bottom of the sea (but on a planet in another galaxy) when the ancient humans migrated to Earth thousands of years ago. Now modern day humans have rediscovered it and inhabited the city again. After that, it's very much a science fiction show on the lines of Star Trek.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Great show, though I am slightly disappointed in this season so far. They were advertising Carter's moving to Atlantis so much that I thought she would have been a bigger part of the dynamic. I've barely seen her at all, though.
Yeah but the little bit you do see of of her she looks good with the longer hair and the new uniform that shows off her assets quite well. She is gonna be a good replacement.

I think they will get more into her as we go on. I just wonder how much is left before we start rehashing old star trek and other SciFi's Shows and episodes to get Atlanits.

Cause SG1 just about covered everything that Star Trek and other scifi's didn't , and in some ways SG1 borowed a few Tid bits form the them as well.

But I'm willing to watch it..Seen it from the start can't stop now.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I've seen it from the start as well. I think that will get her in more as the season progresses. I want to see what they are going to do with Weirr. This next episode should be a good one, but I am sure it is going to be a two-parter, so will have to wait to January to find out what really happens.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
What did you think about this week's show? I thought it started with a great premise, but I was disappointed in the ending.
I was hoping the duplicates would stick around. This plot has been recycled in Stargate a few times, but this is the first time the duplicates felt like real live people to me. I was sorry to see that they were all discarded and the show was back to status quo at the end. :(