Any players that play alot

neum985

I pwn noobs
would you have made this call?

PokerStars Game #14477228773: Tournament #73437098, $33.00+$1.50 Hold'em No
Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2008/01/11 - 09:20:27 (ET)
Table '73437098 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: aschborn (1600 in chips)
Seat 2: ShyGui (1400 in chips)
aschborn: posts small blind 10
ShyGui: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ShyGui [Ts Th]
aschborn: raises 40 to 60
ShyGui: raises 160 to 220
aschborn: raises 1380 to 1600 and is all-in
ShyGui: calls 1180 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [7h Ah 3h]
*** TURN *** [7h Ah 3h] [5d]
*** RIVER *** [7h Ah 3h 5d] [Kh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ShyGui: shows [Ts Th] (a flush, Ace high)
aschborn: shows [As Ac] (three of a kind, Aces)
ShyGui collected 2800 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2800 | Rake 0
Board [7h Ah 3h 5d Kh]
Seat 1: aschborn (button) (small blind) showed [As Ac] and lost with three of a
kind, Aces
Seat 2: ShyGui (big blind) showed [Ts Th] and won (2800) with a flush, Ace high

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Which call? The tens? I'm a bit conservative and I may not have bet all my chips on tens, but it depends on who you're playing and how they've been playing their cards. Because you could be playing someone who is very aggressive and hasn't had incredible cards the whole game.

neum985

I pwn noobs
It was only like 10 mins in, but i was talking to a few other players and they said if they were sitting next to me they woulda slapped me for not calling lol. I really didnt think about this but most HU matches the guy would push with pocket5's+ and AJ+ so i think it was a good play

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Well, if the guy was aggressive with small pairs, I would have played pocket 10's as well. Good play in my opinion.

Although, you dodged a major bullet but I'm sure you know it. It would have been statistically incorrect for you to lose because your experience told you that he was playing with cards that usually couldn't beat a pair of tens in the hole.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm not sure I would have risked the tournament with 10s, cause chances are the other person has a higher pair. But like you guys said, it all depends on how aggressive your opponent has been throughout the tournament. Also, it's definitely hard to lay down a decent pocket pair in heads up.