Any plans for July 4th?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's a lot of Americans here on these forums, so I'm just wondering if any of you guys have plans to celebrate the fourth of July?

It's on a Sunday so it sucks because some of you probably have to work the next day. Or some of you might be lucky and have the day off since it's on Sunday.

So any plans for you Americans out there?

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I actually have Monday off, which is nice. I think they're having a pool party here, so I may attend that. Otherwise I'm staying home and grilling out, or just doing nothing.

My sister wanted me to come down to see the family, but I just want to relax. I'm still travel weary and just want to relax this weekend.

3. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

We're celebrating on the 3rd; we're shooting two birds with one stone by combining The 4th and the match, together. Then on the 4th we're going over to a friends house for a BBQ / Birthday party for my daughter's little girlfriend.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

List of things to do on 7/4/2010:

1. Sleep late
    2. Hold a family cookout
    3. Watch Independence Day and other movies.

And that's about it.

5. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I'll probably BBQ sometime around 5 then head over to my parents house to watch the firework display the city puts on every year.

6. storm_ina_C_cup

ahhhh, Fireworks!
    I miss the displays they have over in the US on the 4th; we break out a few sparklers over here and a couple stinky ones that go about 5 feet up in the air and singe our eyebrows off when they crackle.:shifteyes:

However, I don't miss out on fireworks entirely; over here they have what you call, "fireworks night" in the month of November.

7. CaptainObvious

I love fireworks! I always buy some called volcano balls. It comes with this tube that you place in the ground and you drop the ball down the tube with the fuse hanging out. The ball shoots in the air and explodes. My mom hates it when I buy them because she's afraid I'm going to start someone's roof on fire:lol:

8. storm_ina_C_cup

:lol:

I've never heard of them... They've got so many different kinds now-a-days.
    ...My favorites are the (purple) ones that shimmer / twinkle up in the sky in streams after they've cracked; don't know what they're called though.:rolleyes:

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

My favorite fireworks are the ones that I am far away from. lol

I like watching the big firework shows, but I'm kind of scared of the ones you buy and set off yourself. You wouldn't be able to convince me to light any of them.

10. CaptainObvious

Everybody else in my family is like you so they all hate it when I buy them. That doesn't stop me though:)