Any "ladies" left in the music business??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shwa, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

If anyone else has noticed, there are not a lot of ladies or diva's left in the music business. What I mean is, women who actually appeal to their fans and listeners as a role model, and someone who presents themselves in front of the public like a woman. I ask you, name some ladies or one if you can that isn't corrupted by media crap and who actually has some class....so petty much someone who's not an attention whore:

I pick these ladies because they know what it is to be professional and have some damn class under their belts:

Mariah Carey
    [​IMG]

Mary J Blige
    [​IMG]

Carrie Underwood
    [​IMG]

Gretchen Wilson
    [​IMG]

~Shwa'

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't think we see much of "divas" anymore because America doesn't like classy and ethical. We seem to want women with g-strings and no voice. That's another thing we tend to shy away from still, women who are unafraid to speak their minds. For some reason, I think that taboo remains a bit.

Women in music these days don't have to have talent, they have to have marketable tits and a endorsable ass. A good singing voice isn't even required anymore! Don't get me wrong, some of today's "stage whores" actually have talent, but not a lot of them. It all reflects what we as a society generally want.

I think someone else who belongs up there is Amy Lee of Evanescence. She may not be the brand of "diva" music that you've given examples of, but she's classy and has arguably one of the most powerful voices amongst female vocalists today.

3. Sexxitant

Sexxitant Bombe Sexuelle

That's true, now the music business is for bimbos!

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I always thought using a celebrity as a role model (especially one of the music or film industry) wasn't a very good idea. Maybe the older singers nowadays aren't good role models, but the younger ones might be.

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

The only younger ones I can think of are Little Mama and Avril Laveigne....unless I'm missing someone. The lead singer from Evenascence is a good choice, and her voice is stronger than holy hell. But I still have to say that Mariah Carey out of all that I listed has to be seen as one of the last classy ladies left.

~Shwa'

6. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

^ Amy Lee

^_^

7. Sexxitant

Sexxitant Bombe Sexuelle

Well there's Christina Aguilera

8. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Lol..... Sarah McLachlan.