• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Any Karaoke Stars?

Laine

Registered Member
Singing and music in general is something that has gotten me through tough times in my life. I know that may sound cliche and generic, but it is absolutely true for me.

I decided to try doing Karaoke one evening in 2012 once I turned 16 and went to a local pub alone just incase I was horrible at it lol. I was nervous, but I really wanted to prove to myself I had the nerve to do it and I did. I was surprised when the crowed cheered for me during and after and even insisted I do an encore. Since then I have sang Karaoke many times when ever I could. It is something I still have a passion for.

Anyways Id like to know if anyone else here at GF loves to sing or has done Karaoke and how it went or if you have a video you can share? Meanwhile here is a video of myself singing in 2012 at a Pärnu Summer festival. (I hope the link works, it is from my Facebook account. If not please let me know and I will see if I can place it on youtube or something. Thanks!)

Edit: I uploaded to a Youtube account. Fixed.

Laine - YouTube

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I never really got into karaoke per se. Singing in a party atmosphere just didn't seem like it fit me. I did, however, start singing solos in front of an audience at concerts for high school after taking voice lessons for a time. I also went to All-State Choir as a Tenor 1 to sing in a prestigious honor choir, quite fun. :)

Music has definitely helped me work through a lot of emotional stress and other various things. It's also been one of the main things to help motivate me to achieve my dream, writing a novel. (no, I haven't actually achieved that yet).

I love singing though. I remember being scared to do it and now I have no idea why I used to be scared.

Danno

Registered Member
The link didn't work for me which is a shame.

I do enjoy singing but with Karaoke you sometimes can't sing the song how you're comfortable with singing it, it's all about timing it to the original track.

Also I have pretty bad stage fright so there's that. I've sang at home and that's about it. I did it with the intention of uploading it onto a Youtube channel but we all know what the everyday Youtube commenters are like so I decided against it.

Danno

Registered Member
Great job, Laine. You have a great voice.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That was great Laine, you have a really good voice. I could never do that, I would die of stage fright.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Great job Laine!

Myself personally, no chance you'd get me to sing something haha. I can't sing and I'd get far too nervous.

I remember back a few years my friend was singing Karaoke at a bar and she was hilarious, she was drunk and singing rap songs. I chuckled.

Laine

Registered Member
Great job Laine!

Myself personally, no chance you'd get me to sing something haha. I can't sing and I'd get far too nervous.

I remember back a few years my friend was singing Karaoke at a bar and she was hilarious, she was drunk and singing rap songs. I chuckled.
Thank you! I have always loved music and always loved to sing. Singing and music is the top reason I even know English so well.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I sing while pottering around the house,but I would never have the confidence to do it in front of people,just not something I could do.

I have been to a few bars where they had karaoke nights, and it always seems like a good laugh,I've heard some really talented singers and some that would make plug your ears.
You have a really nice voice Laine and seem very comfortable on stage,I would be shaking like a leaf.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sunrise General Discussion 17
ysabel Anime 0
HalfEatenSurprise Music 1
Vixen Music 7
Turbo Bathroom Wall 0