• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Any ideas or suggestions?

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
A few years ago, my hubby and I went to a garage sale, while we were there, my husband got to talking to the guy about sports, then the guy mentions his sports card collection and offers to sell it, well 1 hour and $200 later, we were the proud (yeah right) owners of a bunch of sports cards. There are literally 100's of 1000's of cards, some in plastic cases, some unopened (not many) in one of the cases there are these little cards about 1". These cards have been in my basement untouched for 3 years, any thoughts on unloading this pile of ....will be appreciated!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi .It sounds like you got some burried treasure there. The little cards are they real pics or art work of the players? You can get sevral types of price guides that are out on the market. And a couple of sites out there too.
I would also write some of the cards down and see what they are selling for on eBay and in sports card shops.
Also don't forget that you can make alot of money at sports card shows. Don't try to sell them to any shops (they won't give you all that much) Do your home work on these cards before you sell. Hope this helps.......... :warp:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Nightsurfer said:
Hi .It sounds like you got some burried treasure there. The little cards are they real pics or art work of the players? You can get sevral types of price guides that are out on the market. And a couple of sites out there too.
I would also write some of the cards down and see what they are selling for on eBay and in sports card shops.
Also don't forget that you can make alot of money at sports card shows. Don't try to sell them to any shops (they won't give you all that much) Do your home work on these cards before you sell. Hope this helps.......... :warp:
Outtta breath from running up and down the stairs wheez-wheez, there are about 20 of the minis, Topps w/ the actual pic on them. I think it would take another 3 years for me to go through all of these, maybe when we sell the house, the new owner will get a nice surprise! :cool: While I was down there I also found a puck from the 2002 Stanley Playoff's (hubby worked the camera equipment) Maybe I should do a mystery basement auction??? he-he-he....NOT!

angelspeak said:
Outtta breath from running up and down the stairs wheez-wheez, there are about 20 of the minis, Topps w/ the actual pic on them. I think it would take another 3 years for me to go through all of these, maybe when we sell the house, the new owner will get a nice surprise! :cool: While I was down there I also found a puck from the 2002 Stanley Playoff's (hubby worked the camera equipment) Maybe I should do a mystery basement auction??? he-he-he....NOT!
I was in the garage when it occurred to me, I forgot 2 important word....
Thank you!!!

Last edited:

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
bethany said:
I would sell them all on ebay but thats just me......put them in groups take a picture type up and add and la la la your done. Plus you dont really gotta worry about getting your monies worth because there are SOOO many bball card collecters on ebay they will all out bid each other=you getting alot of $$$$
Are you talking about one auction for all? I would love to do it all in one swoop. I'm sure there must be something worthwhile, because like I said there are hundreds of thousasnds, it took us quite a while to unload them all when we purchased them. The only problem is, it would have to be local pick-up, which narrows the field quite a bit...I just want my basement cupboard space back! :(