Any advice

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by dize, Jul 9, 2005.

1. dize

dize Registered Member

I am in the process of assisting in planning my 20 high school reunion. We plan on raising money for the American Cancer Society in the name of one of our Alumni who died of breast cancer this past May as well as for her children & some other expenses like our alumni program etc....

I want to host an Auction in mid November but I'm not sure how to go about it w/out e-bay having issue. I know they already have a listing in there mission fish link for ACS NY & NJ, but what about the donation to the alumnus' kids? Will E-bay pull the auction if they is mentioned? :eek:hno:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2005

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Dize, this is one time (one of many actually), I'm just not sure of the answer. I don't think your allowed to mention what the money is being used for. Jenn would know more about it.
    I think what your doing is wonderful, it's a cause that's very near to me. I wish you the best of luck with the auction. Even though I couldn't answer your question, just let me know if I can help in any other way.

3. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

Your best bet would be to have the auction approved first that way you know for sure wether it will or not. Takes about 2 days to have this done..but well worth it when its an important auction :)

4. dize

dize Registered Member

Thank you. I know we can list what the money is used for that's why I am so lost. I think if people knew we would get more bidders. I am lost but I will figure out a way.

Thank you that Idea. Once our website is done I will find out what the committee want to do.

I think I figured out how to list it w/out mentioning what the auction is totally for.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005