• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Antonio Cesaro

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The current US Champion, Antonio Cesaro, is probably the worst booked performer in the WWE today yet he's been the US Champion since Summerslam.

He lost clean to R-Truth last Saturday on Saturday Morning Slam...he loses so often it makes me sick. This coincides with my other thread, he loses so many damn non-title matches that nobody takes him seriously anymore. Who is going to be impressed with the person who beats him for the title? Nobody.

Oh oh and does he have a match at Wrestlemania? Nope. Fuck the WWE for their shitty booking of the midcard.

Rant over.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It makes me so mad. The guy is an extreme talent, his gimmick suits him so well since he's the US Champion and he's from Switzerland. It's easy to get heat that way.

When he became US Champion, I thought that he would be challenging for the World Championship belt within months, but no. I agree, it's incredibly how bad he's getting booked right now. Not only is he losing non-title matches, but he's also not even defending his title. It's a joke, and it's such a shame.

I'm sure he'll get pushed again soon, but this is pretty pathetic.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah and I mean wins and losses aren't everything but he never wins important matches on TV and like you said, he never defends the title.

How can you build up performers when they aren't booked as credible champions? The US title is a damn prop, that's it.

I hope you're right and that they are going to push him again but fuck, its frustrating.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm so pissed about this as well...sometimes I think the WWE is run by chimps.

He's one of their best in-ring performers, he's got experience, and although he's not the best on the mic he's had times where he's done well. He's made the U.S. title look better than it has in ages. They give him this whole angle where he carries the U.S. flag and wears the flag on his tights, which is awesome. What do they do? Totally stop it.

The WWE booking its midcard pisses me off every time. It's like their tag division too. They can look like they're building it up, but the WWE never pulls the trigger to let it excel.