anti virus programs.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Iris, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I really need some, like Ad Aware, or antispyware search and destroy. I can't find anything that is free AND will clear whatever it finds without having to buy it.

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I use AVG, it is a good program and is free :D Had no problems with this.

3. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

If you need a fixit right now too you can use housecall online and that will do everything. I use that instead of separate programs when I have to go fix peoples computers especially when I know they have a slew of crap on there.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Does it actually remove anything though? Hime is looking for something that will actually remove stuff. I'd imagine she probably has a problem and whatever she's using won't get rid of it.

I know Hime that you said you weren't looking to purchase anything, but if you ever do, look into a program called Webroot Spysweeper. I used the trial before and it worked amazingly.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I think it does. I haven't used it in the past year so I don't really remember. But I found a site that did a review for it, saying it does remove viruses automatically, but not everything (although it will propose you what you need to do).

I used to scan with lavasoft's ad-aware but somehow it's not working properly on my pc now. I do have other AntiVirus programs on my pc but I think my husband bought them.

8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Cons hit it on the nail.

I use AVG and it isn't picking anything up anymore, even with updates. :/

I'll try what you recommended Bananas!

And cons, I'd be willing to buy something if it was my computer. But I know that if I did it would just be wasted since I'm the only one putting actual work and time to keep it running. It's the family computer with a 29 year old man using it too. pr0nz aplenty

(plus me lol but I'm safe)

9. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

AVG sucks balls. :sick:

I and my associates use AntiVir (Bananas' post).

I don't know about removing viruses, but I don't get many problems with AntiVir. (Also - Very low resource usage, and not too intrusive, for free software)

Every other time I've had a real problem, I just format my computer. :-/

10. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I use AVG and it rocks !!! and so far no problems and I use an older version that allows the user to scan for viruses.