• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anti-Putin protesters fill Moscow's frozen streets

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
(CBS/AP) With helicopters hovering overhead, thousands of Russians poured out of subway stations Saturday and clogged streets in Moscow with neat, orderly columns of protest groups demanding fair elections after Prime Minister Vladimir Putin's party clung to power in a vote last year marred by allegations of fraud. Read More Here
It seems the Russians aren't happy with the way the elections turned out. Many thousands turned out for this demonstration, one protest had 120,000 but when Putin backers had their own rally only about 15,000 showed up and some admitted they had been asked to by authorities. That made me think he probably did steal the election. At least the police didn't bother the protesters, that would of probably started a riot.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Yeah, this just helps confirm what I'd heard that it was suspicious. Although to be fair, people would be less likely to protest in favor of the way things are...