• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anti-Muslims Are Going To Kill Me

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Uhm ... are they having an "internation burn-a-Quran day" or not?
They? Who is they? That indicts ALL Americans?

Did Dick Cheney compare Muslims in general to neo-Nazis or not?
I don't know, who gives a shit?

Do not 68% of the people oppose that mosque, which implictly means with logical necessity that they blame Islam in general for 9/11?
I have never read a statement that lacks more logic than this.

Yes. But when you want to attack terrorists, you, I dunno, maybe just shouldn't cry bloody murder when those many Muslims who condemn terrorism want to build a mosque?

Or you shouldn't claim they do not renounce terrorism, when a huge majority of them has constantly been doing that every day again with the harshest words for the past 9 years, yet nobody reports that or listens?

And, you know, just maybe, leading politicians shouldn't compare Muslims in general to neo-Nazis?
More generalizations without substance...where would your posts be without them?

Not true. There has been a huge amount of condemnation by the vast majority of Muslim communities -- yet somehow, nobody listened, and people still refuse to acknowledge that. That's because this anti-Muslim sentiment, the new brand of anti-Semitism, can easily be abused politically and economically -- people like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh or quite a few Republican politicians could no longer make that much money or votes, if they didn't even fuel this bigoted hatred.

See here:

Muslims Condemn Terrorist Attacks
Oh God, MORE "it's Glen Beck's fault!!!" Really?

I could post links of Imam's praising what happened and people dancing in the streets in the Middle East when 9/11 happened, Sim.

Muslims do condemn terrorism. People just love to hate them, so they won't let these facts get in the way of a good islamophobic rant.
Yeah, that's it, people just love to hate them:rolleyes:

CaptainObvious:

All I said can thoroughly be backed up by various polls, many of which I posted here before. Unless you have evidence that they are fake, you have to concede that what I say is the sad truth.
Actually, no, if you actually read the polls and understood what you read you'd realize you are mischaracterizing said polls.

Also, everybody with even two brain cells can realize that when speaking with a good sample of a few dozen Americans. If your impression is different, you either are lucky, live in an alternate universe or you have a good capacity to ignore idiocy.
I'm so sure you've spoken to a good sample of Americans:lol: You're generalizing yet again, Sim. Are you EVER going to make an argument with substance or are you going to continue your "Americans are racists" comments?

What I find disgusting, and very telling, on the other hand, is that you imply that it is fine and nice to kidnap innocent people from the streets, detain and torture them and deny them fair trials, just because one among these many raped and brutalized by the American government was indeed guilty of terrorism -- and you ignore the well documented fact that many have been released as innocent, which means you are either entirely ignorant, or you have no moral compass whatsoever.
Here we go yet again, with the personal attacks. How about answering a fucking question for once without resorting to this idiocy?

Either way, although I don't doubt you have the best intentions, those who cheered when Hitler came to power were similar.
Pathetic. And sad, really.

The horrible thing is that in your case, it doesn't even come with malice -- you simply chose to ignore the sad facts when confronted with them, because you cling to the sick notion that your "side" is good and thus above criticism.

Just like the large majority of Nazi followers, who didn't really hate Jews either, but were very angry at these horrible pinko commies who allegedly piss on the flag by criticizing the government.
With all this nonsense, it's a shame you haven't been banned already.

EDIT:

Just one single question for all of you:

What do you think would keep people who do not protest when its government violates the most basic human rights by employing torture, kidnapping and detaining people and denying them fair trials, from supporting a full-scale Holocaust?

As I see it, people who don't protest against the former will not stand up against the latter either.
------
EDIT II:

And for the record, before someone puts words into my mouth: Of course the stereotype I described above is exaggerated, and I do not want to imply a majority of Americans thinks like that.
Why would anyone think that?:lol:

But I think that despite all exaggeration, there is a very true core in it. Everybody who has talked to a good sample of Americans knows that these people do exist. When you listen to Glenn Beck, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh etc. and check their ratings and numbers of books sold, you know they exist.
Don't forget to impugn ALL conservatives, Sim, you're slipping.
------
Except I haven't heard of any high-profile Bible or US flag burnings recently. Or ever. (Although, I do concede that I'm your younger) And for that matter, burning anything symbolic is an act of indirect violence in my opinion, and not free speech, and thus should not be tolerated whatsoever.
They're not high profile because no one really cares anymore. Flag burning or Bible burning, or burning a Church isn't news anymore. Anything that can be remotely called Islamaphobic is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wade8813

Registered Member
Bullshit. Only fringe people (you know, pinko commies and these horrible anti-American traitors called "liberals") protest when the Quran is being burnt. When an American flag is burnt, you get probably huge majorities of the common "patriotic" rednecks running amok against "libruls", "anti-Americans", "traitors" and "enemy supporters".
This statement is based on what?

Also, huge majorities of rednecks? According to who?

All of it is protected by free speech, but all of it is an expression of hate. One doesn't exclude the other. The problem is that a huge majority of Americans considers pissing on non-Americans (or people with an "un-American" faith) absolutely great or even an act of patriotism against the terrorist enemy, while they piss their pants when someone burns the flag.
Where do you get your statistics? You keep saying "huge majority", but haven't backed it up.

Is that really absurd? Not at all. Around 20% to 40% of the people hold the weirdest conspiracy theories in polls, for example considering Obama a Muslim sleeper agent out to betray and sell out the US, and 68% or more agree to the equation "Muslim = terrorist".
Not according to the polls YOU provided...

Bush won his reelection in 2004, because half of the Americans were very fond of kicking Mohammed and Murat in the ass, proof or fair process, or even the most basic human rights be damned.
Of course. Those are the only issues that people who supported Bush voted on. Because obviously conservatives all abandoned all of their other issues.

When someone points out their bigotry and their total submission to authoritarianism and hatred, they call this person "anti-American", "un-patriotic" or "elitist" (because, you know, being educated in itself has become a curse word in the American mainstream already, at very least on the right).
The word "elitist" gets thrown around because people have a "holier than thou" attitude - it has nothing to do with education (except when the people called 'elitist' use their supposed superior education as proof that they're right).

Just like the Nazis, they wallow in a rah-rah patriotism that consists of suprematism against other cultures, total authoritarian submission under the government and the ostraciation of criticism as "treason" or "anti-Americanism" -- so this particular kind of nationalism makes them entirely blind for the own shortcomings or errors.

For them, it's patriotic to support your government when it strips innocent people of the most basic human rights, tortures them, or when it starts a war to "kick ass" ("bomb, bomb Iran!").
And there's the flip side, where anyone who has even the slightest feelings of being proud to be an American is labeled a Nazi.

Even the slightest, most minimal attempt at using the brain before shooting, or using diplomacy, is looked down on as "appeasement" or "making America weak", because apparently, an American government is supposed to commit a Holocaust against these evil enemies, anything short of that is called "liberal".
If America somehow managed to use diplomacy to convince insurgents not to attack us any more, I can guarantee that virtually every American would be thrilled.

I don't have the slightest doubt that people who consider it "treason" to question a government that kidnaps, detains and tortures people and denies them a fair trial, people for whom all people with a Muslim-sounding name (like "Barak" or "Hussein" or "Obama", which sounds eerily similar to "Osama", doesn't it?) are suspicious already -- that people who take the governments word that even the most blatant human rights violations are nice and fine, as long as the victims are brown sandn*ggers --
really, I don't have the slightest doubt you could easily sell a Holocaust to such a public if necessary.
The problem with your theory is that these Americans that you're trying to blame? They probably don't even KNOW that people are supposedly being kidnapped/tortured/etc.

And a large part of the problem, is that people who criticize the government will throw in poor arguments with their good ones, thus sabotaging themselves.

Did Dick Cheney compare Muslims in general to neo-Nazis or not?
Did he? I can't seem to find it on Google...

Do not 68% of the people oppose that mosque, which implictly means with logical necessity that they blame Islam in general for 9/11?
First of all - did you ignore my previous post entirely? Because you seem to have.

I don't see their opposition as implicitly meaning much of anything.

Yes. But when you want to attack terrorists, you, I dunno, maybe just shouldn't cry bloody murder when those many Muslims who condemn terrorism want to build a mosque?
This is NOT just about building a mosque. Mosques get built all the time, and nobody cares.

And, you know, just maybe, leading politicians shouldn't compare Muslims in general to neo-Nazis?
Again, did this actually happen?

...or quite a few Republican politicians could no longer make that much money or votes, if they didn't even fuel this bigoted hatred.
No, I'm pretty sure the Democrats are making sure that Republicans can pretty much run as "not Democrats" and do okay... :rolleyes:.

CaptainObvious:

All I said can thoroughly be backed up by various polls, many of which I posted here before. Unless you have evidence that they are fake, you have to concede that what I say is the sad truth.
We don't have to prove the polls are fake - just point out where you misinterpret the polls' results.
Except I haven't heard of any high-profile Bible or US flag burnings recently. Or ever.
New Testaments in city of Or Yehuda, Israel

In May 2008, a "fairly large" number of New Testaments were burned in Or Yehuda, Israel. Conflicting accounts have the deputy mayor of Or Yehuda, Uzi Aharon (of Haredi party Shas), claiming to have organized the burnings or to have stopped them. He admitted involvement in collecting New Testaments and "Messianic propaganda" that had been distributed in the city. The burning apparently violated Israeli laws about destroying religious items.[57]

Book burning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wullieglw

The Qur'an only allows Muslims to fight in self defence and to defend the oppressed who my call for help. And my own personal verse in the Qur'an is the polytheists who do not break their agreements and who keep the peace with the Muslims. Qur'an orders that those enemies seeking safe conduct should be protected and delivered to place of safety they seek.

newpppp

All you hear? Are you really going to stand behind that? Take a look at this very forum before you commit to that statement. The majority of people here are not saying what you claim.