Anti-Muslims Are Going To Kill Me

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I beg to differ Elly, Christianity does have some calls for bloodshed in the bible.

Nevertheless, stay safe Sith. I heard about this too and it's more proof of how ignorant the American people are.

Raos

Registered Member
it's more proof of how ignorant the American people are.
Please do not lump all American people into this statement. I do not think this group of ignorant morons are the way they are because the are American. I am American and think what they are doing is despicable. I am also someone who enjoys my religion and does not think that religion is to blame for these idiots either. They are morons because of how they choose to interpret their religion. There are plenty of other people who practice the same religion as these people who disagree with what they are doing.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Isn't this statement the same type of projection of a minority view upon all as blaming all Muslims for the actions of the radical element?
I'm not sure when I've made it unclear, but I have little patience and sympathy for most Americans since we've become a national built on irrational fears and bought-n'-paid politics. All you see on the news and hear from people is this bullshit about how Islam is a violent religion, how Muslims are sneaking up on all sides and that Qu'rans need to be banned etc. I'm not going to backpedal from my statement, the American people are largely a group of ignorant people because that's how we choose to live. It's why the country is in the shithole it's been in for years because we let people in power lie to us and get away with it, we let newscasters project hate, prejudice and lies and on top of it all, we can't even educate our children.

So sorry, I'm sticking to my story.
------
Not that I don't believe you but I'm just curious to see how the Bible expresses any call for bloodshed. Any examples?
Rather than list all examples of violence or calls to violence, I'll just leave this link which conveniently notates them all.

Cruelty and Violence

Last edited:

Raos

Registered Member
All you see on the news and hear from people is this bullshit about how Islam is a violent religion, how Muslims are sneaking up on all sides and that Qu'rans need to be banned etc.
All you hear? Are you really going to stand behind that? Take a look at this very forum before you commit to that statement. The majority of people here are not saying what you claim.

Sim

Registered Member
I'm not sure when I've made it unclear, but I have little patience and sympathy for most Americans since we've become a national built on irrational fears and bought-n'-paid politics. All you see on the news and hear from people is this bullshit about how Islam is a violent religion, how Muslims are sneaking up on all sides and that Qu'rans need to be banned etc. I'm not going to backpedal from my statement, the American people are largely a group of ignorant people because that's how we choose to live. It's why the country is in the shithole it's been in for years because we let people in power lie to us and get away with it, we let newscasters project hate, prejudice and lies and on top of it all, we can't even educate our children.

So sorry, I'm sticking to my story.
Regarding that mosque a Muslim community wants to build next to Ground Zero, there was a poll that showed 68% of all Americans oppose that/believe it would be tasteless to build that mosque.

I don't see how you could possibly be opposed to building that mosque there, or consider it tasteless, if you did not blame the entire religion of Islam for the deeds of the 9/11 terrorists. That means 68% of the Americans, assuming this poll is correct, are Muslim-hating bigots.

It's especially pervert the Republican party has jumped on that wagon and keeps fueling this hatred and xenophobia. Dick Cheney, for example, compared Muslims in general to neo-Nazis. Not even mentioning fascist clowns like Glenn Beck, who have a considerable following (and yes, Beck is definitely a fascist). So instead of taking a little responsibility to keep these ugly sentiments from getting out of hand, the Republicans even abuse this hatred for their ends.

When I see things like that, I get worried, really worried. And it's not just an American thing, you find large numbers of islamophobes in Europe too.

If anybody ever wondered how Nazism could take place in Germany, watch this: This is exactly how it worked in Germany back then, just that the scapegoats were Jews and not Muslims. Not that anybody gets me wrong: I don't think another Holocaust, this times against Muslims, is imminent. Other factors for that are not in place.

But it's not that it won't happen again because people have learnt from history. They haven't. If there will be no "final solution to the Muslim question", it will not be because people have changed and believe blaming an entire religion for the deeds of a few among them is dangerous and wrong on so many levels.

All it needs is a populist party taking advantage of this anti-Muslim bigotry, fueling it, and then directing it into the "right" channels. The Republicans do that already, but I'm sure it could be worse. At least we aren't living in boring times, are we?

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
All you hear? Are you really going to stand behind that? Take a look at this very forum before you commit to that statement. The majority of people here are not saying what you claim.
Okay, I'm going to have to remind myself again to not drink anything while reading MD because I always end up laughing it through my nose. Are you honestly suggesting that I should look at this very small forum (in reference to the size of a whole damn country) and take it as a perfect representation of what's actually going on? As Sim pointed out a lot of polls are suggesting that a majority of people are dumb enough to think that a mosque several blocks from ground zero is tasteless. Yeah, they're polls and there's a million of 'em but a lot of them are pointing in this direction so it's kind of hard to ignore.