• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anti-immigration protesters block illegal immigrants in California

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
(Reuters) - Protesters shouting anti-immigration slogans blocked the arrival of three buses carrying undocumented Central American families to a U.S. Border Patrol station on Tuesday after they were flown to San Diego from Texas.

Anti-immigration protesters block undocumented migrants in California | Reuters
I think people are fed up with the illegals entering the country. The mayor of Murrieta wasn't happy with them bringing these illegals to his town. Can't say I blame him.

One thing I don't understand though is why we can't deport them immediately like we can people from Mexico or Canada? Also why are they being released at all and with limited supervision?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
What are we doing? Ushering them into our country? We all know this is costing us a ton of money to handle all of these people.

Why can we not immediately deport? (The laws apparently block immediate deportation for all but Canada and Mexico)

Good on these Californians. I something like this can happen in a state as blue as Cali then I'm sure it will happen elsewhere. We don't want these people here. Immigrate legally or don't immigrate at all.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't understand why we can't deport them immediately either. If they came here through Mexico then we could at least send them back into Mexico and let Mexico deal with them. We need to be putting more pressure on Mexico and the other central American countries. This should not be entirely our responsibility.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
You see that is where democrat politicians make a big mistake. They think all democrats are all for amnesty and don't illegal immigration cracked down on.

I think we should put more of the burden on Mexico and the other central American countries.

Maybe we should make them walk right back across the border, let Mexico deal with them. Bet they would start guarding their southern border better.

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't understand why we can't deport them immediately either. If they came here through Mexico then we could at least send them back into Mexico and let Mexico deal with them. We need to be putting more pressure on Mexico and the other central American countries. This should not be entirely our responsibility.
No doubt it has to do with borders and the fact that Mexico and Canada are right next to us (and thus are easy to deport). If we have people that illegally immigrated here it does seem weird to send them anywhere except where they already wre

Another problem we seem to have is not knowing where a lot of these people come from at all so even if they do come from Mexico there's no way we can deport them because we don't know.

As far as I'm concerned, it's Mexico's fault that all of these people from their southern border are able to make it through just as it's also our own fault for not securing our own southern border.

If we are going to be serious about securing the border then we don't need to just pressure Mexico to fix the problem, we also have to secure our own border and stop welcoming these people in as if it's no big deal.

You see that is where democrat politicians make a big mistake. They think all democrats are all for amnesty and don't illegal immigration cracked down on.

I think we should put more of the burden on Mexico and the other central American countries.

Maybe we should make them walk right back across the border, let Mexico deal with them. Bet they would start guarding their southern border better.
Are they really making a big mistake? Do they really represent the people that vote for them or are they in it for the power? I think it's the latter. I think granting amnesty will greatly increase the size of the voter pool and the majority of these new voters would vote Democrat.

Democrats have always dreamed of turning Texas blue, granting amnesty may be the way to do it.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Build a new Great Wall of China on the Mexican border. Problem solved!
Props for the Cali people that stopped them. The other cities shoulda stopped them too and I totally do agree it's Mexico's bad and they should be responsible for fixing the problem not us.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Build a new Great Wall of China on the Mexican border. Problem solved!
Props for the Cali people that stopped them. The other cities shoulda stopped them too and I totally do agree it's Mexico's bad and they should be responsible for fixing the problem not us.
I would be all for a big wall, extend it out into the ocean so they can't walk around it. I doubt it would cost anymore than it does to take care of them.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Telemundo anchor Jose Díaz-Balart pushed back on Wednesday against the protesters who derailed a convoy full of immigrant women and children, as well as radio host Rush Limbaugh, for what he described as dehumanizing treatment toward people fleeing traumatic violence.

Telemundo anchor challenges anti-immigrant protesters: What would you do for your kids?
The problem is our compassion has been pushed to the limits. We now have millions of illegals we are forced to have compassion for. If it wasn't for that maybe we would be more compassionate. So the millions of illegals that are here now can blame themselves for our lack of compassion.

If all these illegals would go back to their own countries and try to change things there like they do here maybe you would have a better country. So part of this problem is on your head.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
The difference is many of these are children and they aren't coming from Mexico, they are coming from countries where there is much violence and war and basically claiming asylum. Thus by law they are entitled to a hearing. The problem they are children and thus under the law are incapacitated, in other words, they can't adequately defend themselves because of their age.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I realize they are coming from central America. It is being said they are coming here to join family members like their parents so they may have come across the border alone but they aren't alone. The ones that do have family already here should be deported together. Which not all of them were children. Many are young adults.

I would much prefer we tried to help in their countries so things would be better for them there instead of taking care of them here. They would be much better off and so would we. What I don't know short of sending in the military and going to war with the gangs in these countries and throwing out crooked politicians.

Maybe we should declare these gangs terrorists because they do terrorize and murder people. Maybe we should form a military unit that is specifically for this then all the people that want to help the people in these countries can join and go down there and fight to change that country. That is if they care enough to get involved outside of wanting taxpayers to pay for taking care of them. Then put the national guard on the border and allow them to carry weapons and use them if necessary instead of being a ride along.

If it wasn't for all the illegals here already I think people would be all for giving them asylum. I think people are feeling overwhelmed because of all the illegals we have to deal with already. We really need to get tough on illegal immigration then when something like this happens people won't be so upset about it.

I heard it brought up on the news that we wouldn't have a problem with it if we were talking about Canadians. I would like to say to that guy who knows since we have never had a problem like this with Canada. If we did Canada would be all but empty so there would be an end to it eventually. South of the border is not the case.

Honestly I feel sorry for them because of the conditions they had to live under. I wish I could magically make their problems disappear. I really don't like seeing children or people in general abused and murdered. That happens in many countries throughout the world. Wish we could help them all but you can't, our economy would collapse trying to do so.

End of rant.