• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anti-American video games

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Most of the gamers on these forums are Americans. I'm curious if you guys would play a video game like Call of Duty where the bad guys were Americans?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It would depend on the storyline and how tastefully it's done. If it's just killing Americans for the sake of killing Americans, then no, I wouldn't play it. But you could insert any nationality in there and I would feel the same way. Those types of games just feel like murder simulators and I have no interest in them.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Yeah it all depends on the context. Recently there was a comic book miniseries written by Brian Wood that had Canada as the defending rebels in the near future during a war with the U.S. - the States had invaded Canada for resources and it was a really well-written story. As Major said, if it's just violent without a proper story, it wouldn't seem right. But then again no game does if it's war-based for any country.

Twitch

Registered Member
Like said above, it all depends on the storyline. I would love to see some kind of weird alternate America, like a butterfly effect from years ago, and an odd combination of countries against them.