Another writing contest please?

Can we do another short story contest Hybrix? I've got a plot I've been itching to write down but I need a reason.:)

Anyone else interested in another one?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Does somebody else want to run it this time? I don't think entries necessarily need to be anonymous. I don't think that was a major benefit last time.

Does somebody else want to run it this time? I don't think entries necessarily need to be anonymous. I don't think that was a major benefit last time.
I'll gladly host it this time, and let the winner host the next one, and so on and so on...
But, I do think they need to be posted without the voters knowing who's story is who's. This can be done by having everyone submit their story to me and I'll just post them all under my ID. I just won't vote.

Now, who's interested? And, do you like the idea of themed stories (hosts choice) or more of a free style?

I'll be happy to enter a contest, I think a singular genre would be a good idea. This time instead of having such a wide variety of short stories we'll have a bunch of short stories in the same genre so it puts everyone on a more even playing field.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Possible themes: (feel free to add your own possible themes)

1. Mystery: Things are not quite as they seem.

2. Suspense: There is reason to be on the edge or your seat while reading.

3. Romantic: Something to put most of us out of our comfort zones.

4. Comedy: Could also be interesting to try. Might be out of most of our comfort zones but I'm not sure.

5. Drama: Something serious that leaves you thinking.

6. Sci-Fi: Includes elements of fiction that are scientific in nature.

And maybe to mix it up once we have our categories we could say that each story can pick TWO categories to go with. OR maybe have two categories assigned randomly to each person?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I'm not very good at short writing, but I'll do my best attempt at it, and if I come up with something that i like then I'll enter this contest.