Another photo thread

Discussion in 'Art & Creative' started by Impaired, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Impaired

Impaired Registered Member

[​IMG]

A photo I took at 15th and Locust Streets in Philadelphia one morning. A woman with a red umbrella was walking by the subway kiosk.

I desaturated everything but her umbrella and added a water color effect.

I like the way it came out.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Great job! I've always wondered how people do the black and white thingy with pictures and still maintain the colors in some parts of the photo.

It's also very artsy!

3. JoaNor

JoaNor Registered Member

Nice. I really like this photo.
    Although, if I edited this photo, I would do so that EITHER the umbrella OR the woman was a BIT clearer than the blurry parts of the photo, to create a somewhat focal point of the photo.
    I still think its a great photo, but try out my idea, maybe it'll turn out better:D(Or maybe it wont>.<)

4. Impaired

[​IMG]

Ruins of an old mill along Creshiem Valley Drive under a blanket of fresh snow.
    ------
    [​IMG]

A promotional square slinky that sits on my desk at work.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  5. JoaNor

JoaNor Registered Member

One Q Impaired:
    Did you actually edit the two photos(No offence meant at all)? And if so, what did you do?

6. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

They don't look edited to me, rather professional done.

7. Impaired

I tend to edit all my photos - even if only adjusting contrast/sharpness, etc.

The watercolor umbrella photo is heavily edited, but that was when it finally looked good to me. The other two are barely edited - mostly contrast and resized for the web.
    ------
    [​IMG]

A view of my desk clock through a bottle of water. The president of the company I work for only drinks Fiji water, which has a very clear bottle.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  8. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I love this photo. Looks really good, you did a great job on it. All your photos are really amazing. :D

9. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I love the slinky one! It is so colorful! It just seems really cute, especially that angle.

10. Impaired

[​IMG]

A merge of two photos I took of a ruined mill along my drive to the office. A place I often stop and take photos.

Spring and winter.