• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

NBA Another NBA owner bites the dust

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm sure this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone, but there are team owners other than Donald Sterling that have views on race that are less than acceptable.

Another NBA Owner Bites the Dust Over Racially Charged Language | Video | TheBlaze.com

As far as I'm concerned, this was a classy move after a big mistake. Nobody caught him, he simply realized his comments were wrong (though, no doubt he was the only one to see them) and offered all of this information up freely all the while being very apologetic about it.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if he was being racist or just pointing out why he thinks there aren't many whites attending the games which could be true.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Paula Dean came forward and confessed and they slammed her too. They dont really care about people. All they wanna know is if somebody said the wrong thing about blacks so they can slam them. Has anyone been slammed for saying the wrong thing about any other race?

I know theres freedom of expression and freedom of speech in America but its deadly. Just say the wrong thing and say goodbye to your career. Just saying.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
On the news Kareem Abdul Jabar said he didn't think what Bruce Levenson said was racist. I really don't see it either. I see it as people being overly sensitive.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Apparently there was an investigation about an unrelated situation in which the Hawks had to check a bunch of emails and they actually came upon this. So the NBA didn't find him out but someone in their offices did, told him they have it, and he put the team up for sale.

So hell, no chance he does this unless he gets caught but I am happy the way he's handled the afterrmath