• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Another double digit!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Well my 2nd born has reached the double digits as of 4:09 A.M. this morning! Gina is officially 10 today!! Happy birthday baby.
Guess what Tonyspoker?? What everyone has already said is true, you never stop crying over the milestones your children make it to. I spent a couple of hours last night going through Gina's photo album, while that stupid Kenny Rogers song "Through the Years" played in my head...it's so hard to believe we have already spent 10 years with this precious child..geez someone give me a tissue already!!!
Since I knew I would be stuck at work today, we made yesterday special for her, we went to CJ Barrymores, which has go-karts, rock climbing, bumper-boats, euro bungy, and many more things to do; then we went into the blessedly cool indoors and spent time in the arcade. On the way home, we noticed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was playing at the local theatre, so, after BBQ'ing hamburgers, we went to see that..Great Movie!! Best of all, they showed previews of Tim Burton's Corpse Bride, which is coming out in September...YIPPPEEEEE!
Sorry to turn a simple happy birthday Gina, into this long winded thread, but I'm feeling guilty about sitting at work, while she's at home.

I forgot to bring her pic's with me to work, but you can see Gina here, post # 16.......................

http://www.auctionsightings.com/showthread.php?t=1232

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
*hugs Angelspeak and passes out tissues* Congratulations to your daughter!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
angel you have such cute kids!! I know how you feel. they grow up so fast and we dont like to see our little girls grow into women. My daughter will be 14 September! 14! UGH!! Seems like just yesterday she was jumping around in her little pink too too! It is sad, BUT, we can always look forward to little grand daguthers! Saw mine yesterday I just wanted to squeeze her silly! She has thrush, bless her heart so she was a bit cranky.

Happy Birthday Dear Gina! Have your mom bake you a HUGE cake and eat it for breakfast! :)

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Msbabedoll said:
angel you have such cute kids!! I know how you feel. they grow up so fast and we dont like to see our little girls grow into women. My daughter will be 14 September! 14! UGH!! Seems like just yesterday she was jumping around in her little pink too too! It is sad, BUT, we can always look forward to little grand daguthers! Saw mine yesterday I just wanted to squeeze her silly! She has thrush, bless her heart so she was a bit cranky.

Happy Birthday Dear Gina! Have your mom bake you a HUGE cake and eat it for breakfast! :)
Ummmm, mom doesn't bake...very often anyways! :lol: But, I will happily BUY her the cake.

Thanks for the well wishes...I wuv you guys!!!

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Happy Birthday Gina! : )

Angel I am going through the same thing with my daughter, I have been having terrible dreams at night about losing her, not being able to find her and all sorts of things. She starts kindergarden this year in just over a month! It just drives me crazy thinking about the first day of school, I know I am going to be a basket case. and I know its the source of my dreams, having to let her go out into the world. but it sure isn't easy. I dunno what I will do when she turns 10! LOL enjoy every minute we have with them I say!

trees

Registered Member
Happy Birthday to her!
You know I had never thought of ages as in digits.......untill my youngest daughter turned 10 in March of this year!A few days later She said "Guess what mama?" I will never be a single digit again! I was like huh? What are you talking about? What do you mean, and she explained it to me..... I was like whoa, I sure am stupid cause I never knew that the age of 10 was such a milestone. But it is true, after turning ten they will never be a single digit again!
Hope you all have a great time celebrating!!!

wolvergambit

Registered Member
A big Happy Birthday to Gina!!

I know what you mean how time goes too fast. My only son is turning 15 in December and I still wonder where all the time went.

Everytime I think about how few years I have left until he wants to spend less and less time with me, I get depresssed.
It's going to be so lonely whenever he grows up enough to want to be on his own.

It's funny, no matter how old they get, they will always be our LITTLE kids. :)

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Yeah used to when I would drop Paxton off at day care I got at LEAST two hugs and kisses before I left. This morning he walked in and just walked away and I was standing there with this look of distress on my face like......HEY WAIT YOU FORGOT ME!! sniff

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Thanks again to all of you! It's soooo nice to know there are others who understand what I'm feeling. At least I've been through it once already with my 15 YO, although it doesn't make it easier to watch her growing, I can at least estimate the amout of tissue needed to make it through the day!!

wolvergambit

Registered Member
Msbabedoll said:
Yeah used to when I would drop Paxton off at day care I got at LEAST two hugs and kisses before I left. This morning he walked in and just walked away and I was standing there with this look of distress on my face like......HEY WAIT YOU FORGOT ME!! sniff

LOL My son used to say I LOVE YOU about 20 times a day, then it went down to about 5 times a day, then I was told I could ONLY say it at bedtime and now it's a joy whenever it gets said at all!!