Another cop taser story..

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Doc, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

So. Cops tased a kid that had fallen 30 feet and had a broken back. The tasing raised his white blood count and he couldn't get the surgery he needed.

So.. does anyone else think that it might have been a bit excessive to tase a kid laying on the shoulder of a road, immoblile, just because he was "incoherent" and saying "kill cops, shoot cops." I honestly don't believe he actually said those things and the cops are trying to cover for themselves.

The Raw Story | Missouri Police taser injured boy 19 times

2. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

bullshit. even if the kid had been saying stuff like that, he was injured from a 30 foot fall. you think he's gonna get up and start shooting cops?

somebody went a little taser happy and is trying to cover his ass.

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Tasered 19 times? Good lord. Lesse, he did not comply with officers could it be he was in pain from the broken back and ankle???

Bet nothing happened to the jackass cops who did it.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I saw the topic title and prematurely lol'd. I thought it was going to be a funny story about a crazy guy doing something and getting tasered for it.
    Me neither. You should only taser people who pose a threat, not somebody laying on the ground making threatening remarks. Especially 19 times. O_O

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I can't believe they found something so suspicious/threatening in someone who is incoherent after falling off 30 feet and breaking his back, that it merits multiple tasing.

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Is it just me, or are police more trigger happy with the tasers in the states than over here?

How the hell could that be justified, there was no immediate threat to the officers on scene. If the kid pulled out a handgun and pointed it at them, then use of a taser should have been authorised.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I just don't see how they could have viewed him as a threat. I mean, he's lying down under the overpass. Granted they probably didn't know he was injured and assumed (like a lot of people seem to) that he was high on something.

Nevertheless, what pisses me off the most is that there's going to be some whining hippies bitching about tasers now. I love how they always miss the real problem (blame the gun when it's the user that does the action).

8. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

"OH TEH NOES, BAN TEH TAZARZ"

Tasers work when in the right hands. It may have been a while since I've seen the reports of taser use in the UK, and granted, here they're only used by specially trained officers and not bobbies on the beat, but out of the 150+ reported uses of tasers, they had only been fired around 40 - 50 times, with most people giving up when they realise what's about to hit them.

It's possible to end situations without tasers, but when push comes to shove, they've been proven to work. They just need to be used acceptibly.

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I think the whole use of tasers can be really vague and with an incident like this there's no way taser use was justified.

Do you really think a kid with a broken foot and back can do much fighting?

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

That really irks me. Seriously, what were those cops thinking?

I bet blue is right, nothing happened to the cops.