• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Annoying habits

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have this annoying habit that I can't seem to break. I like to play with my buttons. Seems harmless enough but after a while my shirt won't stay buttoned. I use to bite my nails but I have found if I paint them I won't. So I think I have kicked that habit.

I use to have a friend that if I let her borrow my pencil she would chew the eraser off of it and it would have teeth marks on it. That use to drive me nuts. She even chewed up my ink pens.

I use to have a cat named Pee Wee that liked to chew up a roll of toilet paper if someone didn't put it in the holder. He would crawl under a chair with a new roll and chomp it up. If you did put it in the holder he would get the end and unroll it as he made his way through the house to his favorite chair to crawl under to chew it up.

I was wondering if you have any annoying habits? What about your friends or pets?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I sometimes have a bad habit of going off-topic. I have ADD and my ability to not wander while rattling on about something is somewhat limited. By the time I've reached the end of a paragraph, my mind has moved beyond the topic being discussed, and beyond the topic it initially moved to. Since my opinions are so very important (hehe) I just can't wait until the next post to talk about whatever subject is on my mind. My friends used to tell me that one of my habits was being defensive, however I can't argue with that because then I'm just being defensive (apparently). :D I think it was just their way of getting on my nerves (as they so loved to do). Incidentally, I don't have those guys as friends anymore. I'd rather be alone than hang with people who derive so much pleasure from annoying me. That was their bad habit.

I mean friends razzing each other is normal, but these guys were more in the Jackass meets Jerry Springer guest kind of crowd, and that just so isn't me. My friend Dan, who I'd known since we were kids wasn't so much of that mentality until a fellow named Eric entered the circle. Eric epitomized that mindset and loved to instigate conflict just to watch the drama unfold. He was also very destructive and a compulsive liar/embellisher. All traits which I detest.

Not sure why I ever hung out with the guy. I guess it was the shared addiction thing (video games and Magick: The Gathering). I suppose it was also that he became practically attached at the hip with my former buddy Dan. When it came to annoying habits, Eric was truly king. Dan's worst habit prior to befriending Eric was being self-absorbed, but I was used to that.

- Cham

dDave

V.I.P.
I find myself always drumming to music I'm listening to. Whether it's in the car, at work, or at home, I'll always be tapping a rhythm. I think it might be a nervous tick.

I suppose it's not a bad thing, it doesn't hurt anything but I think it may be annoying to others. I used to sort of move my jaw and click my teeth to rhythm but ever since I got a retainer that hasn't been an issue, I resort to the stuff with my hands now.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I find myself always drumming to music I'm listening to. Whether it's in the car, at work, or at home, I'll always be tapping a rhythm. I think it might be a nervous tick.

I suppose it's not a bad thing, it doesn't hurt anything but I think it may be annoying to others. I used to sort of move my jaw and click my teeth to rhythm but ever since I got a retainer that hasn't been an issue, I resort to the stuff with my hands now.
The strumming is one thing, but the jaw clicking is grounds for justifiable homicide! :p

- Cham

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have a ton.... I just can't think of any off the top of my head. I'm sure if you asked my friends and family they could easily fill a notebook or two. Haha.

I guess I may use weird accents a little too much in regular conversation? Some people find my inability to take anything serious pretty annoying. I never finish the last inch of my soda when drinking it from a bottle. That drives a few people insane.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Sometimes people will say a few words that make me think of a song and I'll start singing it. It's probably an annoying habit because I have a bad singing voice.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been making a special effort to not play with my buttons. Boy are habits hard to break. Even if I wear stuff without buttons for awhile so I'll forget about it the minute I put something on with buttons I want to play with them. I'm doing my best to resist.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't really know what annoying habits I have, since the things I do don't annoy me. I'd have to have a friend or something tell me what things I do that annoy them. Some people get annoyed at how fast I walk, especially my girlfriend. I walk pretty fast and I often forget that when I'm with other people, and they have trouble keeping up with me. But I find it hard to walk at a steady slow pace sometimes.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I pick at my nails.

I do it without even thinking about it and I know it probably bugs some people.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I crack my gum a lot and it's been known to irritate people. Oh and I also blow bubbles with my gum at work. Apparently, it looks cute when you're a child... not so much when you're pushing 30.

Oh and I eat SUPER slow. Like snail speed slow. I don't necessarily consider it a bad habit but it seems to annoy a lot of my friends.