Annoying Co-Workers

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Impact, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you have any annoying co-workers?

There is this one guy at my work, that will come up besides me when i'm in the middle of a phone call, or am obviously busy and have the most pointless conversations with me. Can he not see I am busy? It drives me absolutely bat shit crazy. It's not like it is just once every couple days, it's a good 3-4 times a day. I just put headphones in and just smile politely at him now, but it still drives me nuts.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

We don't talk much in our office, people mostly keep to themselves and stay in their cubicals for most of the day. So I don't currently have any annoying people at my current job.

But I did have a lot of them at my previous jobs, people that were annoying and complete jerks. Glad I don't work with them anymore.

3. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

I work next to this young girl who thinks the rest of us are interested in hearing everything about her personal life. She likes to shout out how miserable her life is because she can't go to Vegas with her friends, or details regarding her menstrual cycle. At least I don't sit behind her and get hairspray in the face since she feels its important to reapply it 3 times a day...

4. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Yup... I work with a bunch of them.

http://www.generalforum.com/jobs/working-idiots-67701.html

From that thread:
    It's not what it sounds... We have 5 people on our team including the supervisor. I would consider all of them below average on the intelligence scale. They can do their jobs, but explaining the intricacies of technology to them is like talking to the nearest brick wall. For example... the other day I told my supervisor my voicemail wasn't working on my phone, I asked him to contact the phone company to have it fixed because all I was getting was a busy signal when I dialed it.

Now you all know voicemail is not tied to the physical phone directly, it's tied to the phone number, and no matter what phone is plugged into the wall you still have the same phone number, thus the same voicemail. They said "Did you try a new phone"?

I said it can't be the phone, it's voicemail... I explained my reasoning about how the voicemail is tied to the phone number etc... Some others chimed in and they all agreed that it still had to be the physical phone :sigh: I finally just gave up. He went and got a new phone and told me to plug it in. They all seemed shocked when the new phone didn't work as well. I was right to begin with, but arguing with 4 idiots who didn't have the slightest clue about voicemail, it appeared to them that I was the idiot. The point is because they all agreed, I had to be the wrong one...

How do you deal with that? This isn't the only thing that's happened either...

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

So this one guy...he probaby likes you. I'm just sayin.

But yeah, we just brought in a new guy to help with the computers and he makes me wanna pull my hair out when I talk to him. I am the most laid back guy you'll ever meet but this guy pushes me like nobody else can. Usually I just shake stuff off but I am actually very direct with him.

Don't tell me how to do my job idiot.

6. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I have one co-worker who is particularly annoying. He always calls me "pretty girl" instead of by my name, which is annoying in and of itself. I think I'm going to start calling him "pretty boy" and see how he likes it. He's also made it a habit to ask me out every single day that we work together. How many times do I need to say "no" before you get the picture?!

7. Cyberleader

Cyberleader Registered Member

I have on person at work that talks merrily to herself all day and makes vague queries she never expects answers to.
    "...oh, what do you think the time is? Only 2pm. I have a lot of filing to do. Why do I have so much? The sky is blue. Does anyone know why I have so much filing? Oh, stupid computer. Can anyone tell me why?..." - Auurgghh!

8. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

My only annoying co-worker is my boss. So no, is the answer to the question.
    Next month my co-worker who was on leave will be back, but she is wonderful. The only annoying thing about her is that she will argue a point till I agree with her.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Yes and unfortunately he sits right next to me. All he talks about is how fat he is (which he isn't) and how all he ate for dinner last night was porridge. It's so boring. He also tries to tell me what to do which drives me mad. He's good at his job but he needs to realise he's not the manager.

10. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I have this co worker who feels the need to turn everything into a double entendre. Its bloody annoying! and he ll latch onto jokes that others make and take them as his own. And then continue using it long after its stopped being funny. Its retarded. Also he's stupid as all hell! He comes up with the dumbest ideas and notions. By the end of the day I'm wanting to shoot him.