• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Announcer Gus Johnson joining FOX

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Gus Johnson will be FOX's new lead college football voice beginning in the fall - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

I think Gus Johnson is the second best announcer in sports today after Dan Shulman. I'm sad that he's leaving CBS, and I'm not sure how good he is going to be calling College Football. It's a much different game when it comes to play calling, that being said, I think he'll do fine since he's good at what he does, and it comes natural to him.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Gus Johnson called NFL games for CBS, too, not just college hoops. I think he'll make the transition to college football just fine. I used to love Gus, but now I think he goes a little overboard sometimes.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't know that! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

A lot of people don't like him because they think he goes overboard, and that's fine with me.

I personally love his enthusiasm when he's announcing, he's really into it and he makes the play even more exciting with his yelling and joy. Shows that he has passion and that he's really into the game.