Anime You Must See Before You Die

Discussion in 'Anime' started by ysabel, Jul 13, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Idea from similar discussions mostly about books or movies...

If someone were to write an official list about "Must SEE anime before you die" (series or movies) what do you think should be included in this list?

I guess it's not necessarily your most favorite anime. I mean, some of the ones I like a lot are probably enjoyable just for me because of the way I relate with it not because it's such a great anime.

I'll start with Spirited Away. Will post more later.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Well from what I can gather.......

So I don't actually watch any anime :lol: But I've been told Death Note is a must-see, so that would be on my 'never-gonna-happen-but-for-the-purpose-of-this-thread-sure-must-see' list. I'd also argue that such a list would need some variety. For romance maybe something like Vampire Knight, whereas for something more actiony you could have Naruto. Howl's Moving Castle, I'm putting on there too, I think if you're having Spirited Away then you gotta have that one aswell.

3. Kanji

Kanji Registered Member

I think everything that I have listed should be on that list.

1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. Samurai Champloo
    3. The Castle of Cagliostro
    4. Haibane Renmei
    5. Kino's Journey
    6. Junkers Come Here
    7. Princess Mononoke
    8. Spirited Away
    9. Tenchi Muyo OvA
    10. FF7 Advent Children
    11. X Movie and TV Series
    12. Ghost in the Shell (All Movies and Series)
    13. Oseam

Things I wouldn't have on this list:
    Dragon Ball
    DBZ
    DBGT
    Naruto
    Death Note
    Vampire Knight

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I've only seen two from this list (6 & 7). However, I've put a DVD order for Haibane Renmei last week - they're just taking too long to deliver it. :-/

But.....

What she said. I was about to put DN on the list too.

@Bex: never say never

5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

FLCL
    Cowboy Bebop
    Lupin the Third
    Ummm... Aeon Flux?

I'm not a huge consumer of this stuff, tbh. As you can see, few titles have caught my imagination. I haven't seen all that much, though, so I'm sure I'd find something else agreeable if I had more exposure.

6. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I say Monster and Trigun.

Trigun is a more recent classic, and Monster very different from what you'd expect (in an anime, that is.) and it's very good.

7. Kanji

Kanji Registered Member

Death Note is a pretty long series. I wouldn't want a lot of long series in this list because its a lot to watch. Death Note does have a really good storyline and plot. I'm not sure if it has the best storyline and plot of any shonen series ever made, but If you have to include one. I guess Death Note will work.

8. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I'm sorry, but that is false. Death Note is one of the shorter anime series in existence.

9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Assuming by one of the shorter you mean not the longest, yeah. But it's still longer than most anime.

I'd say Eureka Seven makes a good addition to the list of must see anime.

10. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Anything that Hayao Miyazaki touches should be viewed by human eyes.

ysabel likes this.