Anime with disappointing endings

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Vegito728, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Anyone had this experience? Great anime, you love all 12 or 25 episodes, and then the ending just leaves you flat?

Trigun, which ends with a major fight which doesn't really resolve anything, unless you believe you-know-who will be a good boy once he wakes up.

Hellsing. That wasn't as much an ending as a 13th episode. Okay, a major bad guy was defeated, but so much was left up in the air.

2. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Chrono Cursade man it's sad TT^TT

3. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Gungrave, I mean come on! Grave kicked all of their butts and then he has to deteriate and die, alongside Harry --; I wanted to still see him live and help Mika out! But then again a second game did come out with him still alive, so I think the anime was like a quick ending to the first game that never happened.

Samurai Deeper Kyo, It leaves you thinking did Kyo or Kyoshiro live? I think Kyo did by the sound of the voice but it just sucks cause that's where it cuts off >.<; I really wanted to see the group do more things, in which they do in the manga and meet new people an continue on.

They really should make more seasons of these two series. I hate it when I feel unfinished with a show's ending.

4. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Full Metal Alchemist, I know it was suppose to lead up to the movie (which I bought...duh), but for real.......Edward getting killed by Envy, tota nut kicker right there. Then the whole bs about Al not really remembering about the events that happend, what a waste.

This doesn't say that the mvoe was any better, Al couldn't remember any of the military friends from before unless they reminded him, and at the end they're both on the other side of the gate.....and Izumi is DEAD!!!!!! Total waste of money right there.

~Shwa'

5. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Tenjho Tenge ending was disappointing to me, I thought that they should have had Nagi and Mitsuomi fight before the series ended, I mean they talk about it for a couple episodes. Nagi dark form or whatever should have had more of an explaination to it, but I still think this was a great show nonetheless.

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

**************POSSIBLE SPOILERS*******************************

LOL well let me think almost all animes i initially saw I hated the endings too. Although a part of me wishes for the series to continue.

Also these arent animes that I hated or disliked. They are animes that I liked and enjoyed watching up until... the end.

Sucky endings

-Rurouni Kenshin - totally blew because of their budget being slashed and the fillers
    -Rahxephon-Yeah a big anime built on mystery and suspense yet in the end everything gets erased or redone...
    -Slayers (the last one)
    It was a weak series towards the end. Slayers Again was by far the best one of the 3.
    -Black Cat- Again due to budget cuts and the messed up last story arc....

-Vandread- Although it was decent I was hoping for a better ending...I loved this series too...

Endings that didnt end

-Ranma 1/2 You watch all those episodes ovas and movies and dont get an ending...
    -InuYasha - Same thing...
    -Black Lagoon- Loved the series felt it was a bit inconclusive (the relationship with roc and revy) but I think they left it open for a 3rd barrage.

Im sure theres more...Ive remember there were so many endings I disliked...

7. Kyo_Muramasa

I wish Pokemon would end, how many fillers can one series have?! I stopped watching it after like 4 or 5 seasons into it.

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

^
    |
    |
    you watched pokemon for that long (points and laughs):lol::lol:

Actually i did too for maybe one season....It never appealed to me...

But i didnt know it was anime when I watched it...I thought it was just some crazy cartoon (i called anime crazy cartoons back in the day)

9. Kyo_Muramasa

Hey...it was either that or that show on 4kids about fairies >.>; Plus i just like the new pokemon, I'm suprised they've made that many without any repeats that look alike. Plus I was always waiting for Yu-gi-oh. Yes I liked that show...don't you dare laugh Swift :dots:

I use to think that all the cartoons were made by americans when I was smaller, oh how I was thinking the wrong thing back then:sweatdrop:

10. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

All the endings I've seen I thought they were great and I love them. The only problem I had with some of them is that show was way to short. That was the disappointing part.

GOLDEN BOY!
    HARUHI SUZUMIYA!