Anime vs Cartoons

Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters

PentaCube

Registered Member
i guess i prefer cartoons. The dialogue obviously doesn't work well when translated from Japanese to English when watching anime. I am usually pretty obsessed with the written word, and when translators stomp on it it really bugs me. The storylines also just seem off to me. It's obviously a cultural difference.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Tough one. I think anime generally has a better story line, but I get great amusement out of stupid shows like spongebob and stuff. I'll have to vote later, but I'm leaning towards cartoons because I like laughing.

Anime. Only because theres more of them as my favourite TV series, than western cartoons.

I really can't say all/most anime has a better storyline than western cartoons. As I've seen plenty of good and bad ones in both Anime and Western Cartoons.

Oh and FYI: Anime is Cartoons.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
No, thats like saying that Manga is the same as Comics.

The animated cartoon genre started off in the united states, its has a differenty content, different substance, different aproach, maturity and artwork than the Anime series.
Although the word cartoon may involve all sorts of drawing art, this setup has been made to impose a cultural diferential

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The only animated shows I actually look forward to watching are the Japanese ones. The old cartoons were good though like Bugs Bunny or some Disney movies. Right now the recent cartoons don't interest me at all and I prefer to watch anime.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Bah.

Cartoons for me, I hate anime and I still do watch cartoons.

I had ABC Kids switched on today and mate came over and he is like :| What the hell Aleks? You still watch cartoons?

PentaCube

Registered Member
futurama is a good example of an american cartoon. When people think of cartoons they think of bugs bunny and shit like that. I have had parts of futurama bring me to the brink of tears, also seasons 4-10 of the simpsons were fantastic.