Anime to Games?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you think Anime translates into video games very well? I'm not talking about Final Fantasy and things that started out as games. I'm talking actual anime that was anime first and game second.

All of the DBZ games have been pretty terrible. I haven't played many other anime games but I haven't heard anything great about any of them either.

Thoughts?

wazupdoc

Registered Member
It sounds like Anime and videogames would go perfect together. But I can't think of one game that's worth anything that was anime first.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all..

I think that some Animes make good games like ZOIDS (All even import) it was an Anime and toy line first then they made the games and they rock.

The Zoids Animes were awesome and so were the games..

I would say it depends on how much development time went to the game..i have noticed that the rushed Anime games suck as where as the ones they took their time on rock!

So it all depends on the game developers and how much they know about the Anime, and how much time they put into the game.

Last edited:

croc

Registered Member
the blood+ game on ps2 was good there are 2 in jap i played one of them.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Pokemon was the best one by far.

It seems the concepts and ideas for the game are good but the gameplay doesnt translate.

The Naruto fighting game was pretty good in terms of gameplay I thought but too often the games are just terrible.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Most anime that are made into games blow hard. There was a couple good DBZ games and the Pokemon game have done really well. But other then that 90% of anime based games are horrible.

shyguyjster

Registered Member
of the anime games that i played, i think that most of them failed...but, im not saying that there arent any good ones, i rather liked th Zone of the Enders series...but some games try to stay true to the storyline and plot, but fail (Looks at the naruto game for the 360...)