Anime that are epic?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Vegito728, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

A lot of people use the term “epic” for video games (which is overused but I won’t get into that). But have you ever seen a anime that you thought was epic? I will post my thoughts later in this thread.

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Eureka Seven has a lot of Epic moments in it.

If the jing anime was like the Twilight tales manga it would be made of epic.

Origin gets pretty epic too.

That's it for now.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Its similar to the famous anime thread we had back then. When I think epic I think not just animes I like but ones that made strides in the industry and had a big impact on the anime community. I also think of huge battles with killer animation and something that is very moving.

That being said I really cant list many of my favorite animes lol.

DB and DBZ for helping the anime industry grow over here.
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    InuYasha (yes i know but it grabbed alot of fans and help VIZ become a juggernaut)
    Gundam Wing - Was the cornerstone to the franchise

Now in terms of fighting (grand battles against all odds saving the world etc) I wouldnt have the same list. Although alot of animes have similar plots with those themes (kid becomes hero saves the world and such) I'm talking about animes that just blew you away with how large the fight/battle was or how important it was. Something that you really went "dude that was awesome this battle is huge and so much is riding on it".

That being said well theres arent too many animes on my list either.

their were moments in Bleach but the battles werent that big
    Moments in NGE
    Moments in Gundam Seed and Destiny
    The fight with Shishio in Rurouni Kenshin

However if we just assessed the sized of the battle I would only says Gundam...I havent seen a really big battle on a grand scale...infact I really cant think of one anime that tops Gundam that I have seen.

4. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I agree with all the anime you listed that had a big impact on the anime industry. I think Ninja Scroll is another one. People still consider it to be one of the best anime ever made.

I haven’t seen a ton of epic anime but I think Fullmetal Alchemist was pretty epic. It wasn’t just the big battles it was everything. You would have to see it to know what I mean.

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Inuyasha
    Wolf's Rain
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

All these have been pretty epic and kept me on the esge of my seat at different moments.

~Shwa'

6. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I think Cowboy Bebop is one, it's one of the most loved animes ever

7. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

I would have to say
    Ruroni Kenshin
    DBZ
    NGE and
    Eureka 7

8. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

Onmyou Taisenki; Everything about it was epic!!! :D
    Konijiki No Gash Bell: The final anime battle was awesome.
    Samurai Champloo: Same as KNGB