• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anime Questionnaire

Alta

Registered Member
Alright, since I've joined GF I've noticed that the anime section has had low traffic. I'm not the biggest anime fan out there by any means, but I do enjoy watching anime from time to time. I want to know what the anime people on this site enjoy, but I also just want to have a little fun with this.

I've found a questionnaire regarding anime and I'd like to see how you guys answer it. I'm only going to have 10 questions, the original questionnaire had 25 but I feel that's too long. If you want to answer all 25 then here's the link:

Anime Questionnaire

You don't have to answer all of them if you don't want to.

1. List all the anime that you're familiar with (meaning you've seen at least a bunch of the episodes and you know the story and characters fairly well).

2. Out of those, list your favorites (doesn't have to be in order).

3. What was the first anime you ever watched, when did you first watch it, and what was your first impression?

4. What type of anime usually interests you?

5. What type of anime least interests you?

6. Which do you generally like better, anime or manga?

7. Which do you usually prefer, dub or sub?

8. Which anime do you think has the worst English dub? And the best?

9. List some of your most favorite anime characters and the anime they're from.

10. Which anime haven't you watched but would like to?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
1. List all the anime that you're familiar with (meaning you've seen at least a bunch of the episodes and you know the story and characters fairly well).

All Studio Ghibli films
Naruto
Fairy Tail
Bleach
Sailor Moon
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist
Akira
Paprika
Kiddy Grade
Pokemon
Ouran High School Host Club
Claymore
El Cazador de la Bruja
Mai-HiME

Akira
Paprika
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain

3. What was the first anime you ever watched, when did you first watch it, and what was your first impression?

When I was young I watch the English dubbed versions of Pokemon and Sailor Moon on TV. I loved them both. I didn't know what anime was back then and thought they were just cartoons.

I like yuri, but aside from that anything with a good story, usually fantasy related. I love most Ghibli stuff, but who does't?

Sports anime.

Anime usually, because I watch more of it. But I've read some manga that I have liked more than the anime version. Like Fairy Tail.

Subtitles all the way. I usually only ever watch dub if it's playing on TV or I've already watched it subbed first.

Best for me is a tie between Death Note and Princess Mononoke. I don't know the worst. Maybe Naruto or Mai Hime.

It's been too long since I've watched a lot of anime, so I don't remember most of my favourite characters. I do love Moro from Princess Mononoke.

One Piece.

Alta

Registered Member

All Studio Ghibli films
Naruto
Fairy Tail
Bleach
Sailor Moon
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist
Akira
Paprika
Kiddy Grade
Pokemon
Ouran High School Host Club
Claymore
El Cazador de la Bruja
Mai-HiME

Akira
Paprika
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain

When I was young I watch the English dubbed versions of Pokemon and Sailor Moon on TV. I loved them both. I didn't know what anime was back then and thought they were just cartoons.

I like yuri, but aside from that anything with a good story, usually fantasy related. I love most Ghibli stuff, but who does't?

Sports anime.

Anime usually, because I watch more of it. But I've read some manga that I have liked more than the anime version. Like Fairy Tail.

Subtitles all the way. I usually only ever watch dub if it's playing on TV or I've already watched it subbed first.

Best for me is a tie between Death Note and Princess Mononoke. I don't know the worst. Maybe Naruto or Mai Hime.

It's been too long since I've watched a lot of anime, so I don't remember most of my favourite characters. I do love Moro from Princess Mononoke.

One Piece.
I'd like to watch One Piece, but 558 episodes is intimidating.

Ziggy

Sup?

Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Samurai X
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumya
Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Orphen
Chrono Crusade
Fullmetal Alchemist
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Darker Than Black
D.Gray Man
Fairy Tail
Fullmetal Panic
Naruto
Pokemon
Dragonball Z
Claymore
Akira
Wolf's Rain
Yu-Gi-Oh

There are a tonne more but those will give you a general idea for what I have watched.

Code Geass
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fairy Tail

Dragonball Z and Pokemon.

Cheese TV was my Dragonball Z fix.

Either story driven anime with 12-30 episodes or shounin action anime that can last for like 8000000000 episodes.

I will watch any anime but I don't really like one off anime movies, for some reason I just can't get into them.

Anime. But I do like reading the manga

Dub. The dubs in recent times have been phenomenal. I do understand that some humour is lost in certain dubs because words in Japanese sound like other words. However Anime is a visual and audio experience so having to read subtitles pulls me out of the experience. I'd really like to learn Japanese though so I could watch it in the original format.

Fairy Tail and Phantom have phenomenal voice acting, so much so that I cannot see those characters as anyone else.

The worst is probably the Samurai X movie, I got five seconds in and turned it off.

Reiji from Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

Natsu from Fairy Tail

Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist

Light Yagami from Death Note

Lelouch Lamprouge/Zero from Code Geass

Kyon from Haruhi Suzumya

Hei from Darker Than Black

Vash from Trigun.

I really don't know. I've tried to get into some new anime but I just can't seem to get into anything.

Baasch

Registered Member

07 Ghost, Amatsuki, Yu Yu Hakusho, Angelique (all three), Clannad, The Macross Series, Sailor Moon, Dragonball (all of them), Blood+, Fullmetal Panic!, Trigun, Pokemon, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Fairytail, Ao no Exorcist, Kyou Kara Maou, Ghost in the Shell, Naruto, Bleach, Mushishi, The Familiar of Zero, Witchblade, Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple, Beelzebub, Fullmetal Alchemist, Night Wizard, Buso Renkin, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Yumeiro Patissiere, and many more. I had a phase. Haha.

Fairytail, 07 Ghost, Fullmetal Alchemist, Kyou Kara Maou, Kenichi, Maid-sama, and GITS.

I think it was either Sailor Moon or Dragonball, and I first watched them in elementary school on Toonami, and I loved them!

Normally, I like fantasies or comedies.

The pervy ones.

Depends on the title.

Sub.

I don't know the worst, but Kenichi is pretty good.

Misaki- Maid-sama
Yuri- Kyou Kara Maou
Natsu- Fairytail
Ed- Fullmetal Alchemist

I'm not sure....

BigBob

Registered Member
1. List all the anime that you're familiar with:
Trigun
Gungrave
Dragonball Z
Pokemon
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Digimon
Cowboy Bebop
Inuyasha
Full Metal Alchemist
Gundam Wing
Wolf's Rain

2. Out of those, list your favorites:
All of them

Pokemon was the first and I first watched it the day it was released and I loved it.

Usually, action-packed ones. Looking at my list, the only Anime I watched that didn't have tons of shit blowing up or people getting their ass kicked was Pokemon and Digimon.

Any of that lovey dovey stuff.

Anime.

Dub

I can't stand watching Naruto because of his voice.. but I think most of the ones in my list are great.

9. List some of your most favorite anime characters and the anime they're from:
Brandon Heat/Beyond the Grave - Gungrave
Vash the Stampede - Trigun
Trowa Barton - Gundam Wing
Inuyasha - Inuyasha
Spike - Cowboy Bebop

I can't think of one that I ever thought I really wanted to watch.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'll answer one and two with a single reply. I'm bad with recalling storylines and characters unless I really liked it. Otherwise they get lost in the hundred other episodes I've seen.

Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Kare Kana, Nodame Cantabile, Fruits Basket, Code Geass , Maid-Sama for the series...and for the movie, Paprika, The Girl Who Leapt through Time, Princess Mononoke, etc.

I can't remember the ones I've seen when I was very young. Which came first. But as an adult, the first anime I saw when I got back to watching anime was Spirited Away.

Ranges from anime with heavy story and character background, could be slice of life too, also ones with mysteries, psychological and historical background. But there are days I just want the the good old comedy romance.

It's not the genre so much as the drawings. Certain type of animation design tend to turn me off. Oh, maybe slapstick. Don't like it much.

Anime

Definitely Subbed

I don't have enough experience on it to comment.

Light and L from Death Note
The brothers from FMA
Haruhi Suzumiya
Paprika from Paprika
And love duos from my fave comedy/romance anime

I haven't seen others otherwise referred to as classics like Cowboy Bebop, Akira, and other old series.

Ziggy

Sup?
You need to see Cowboy Bebop. It is a masterpiece of visual story telling IMO. Also the only anime I've ever seen where people pretty much universally agree that the dub is better than the sub.

QuesadillaFace

Registered Member

Of course there's all ghibli movies
Sgt frog
Desert punk
Metropolis
Parasite
God killer
Samurai x
Karas

Akira
Princess monenoke(spell check)
Desert punk
Metropolis
Castle in the sky
Paprika
Pork rosco( it's been so long since I've seen, I think that I don't even have the name right)
Steamboy
Naustica?
Probably my neighbor totoro,
and the amazing animation

Post apocalypse
Future(robots)
Feature length is best

Ones set in highschool lolol

Manga

Dub

Sgt kororo-sgt frogs
Paprika-paprika
The pirates in castle in the sky
Rock Holmes, Tina, kenichi, pero- metropolis

Tokyo god fathers

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF

FMA, FMA Brotherhood, Dragon Ball Z/GT, Full Metal Panic (Fumuffo and Second Raid), Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, Trigun, Darker Than Black, D. Gray-man, Kenichi The mightiest disciple, Kaze no stigma, Naruto, Bleach, Chrome Shelled Regios, Our Host club,
Blood+, Sekirei, Digimon, Pokemon, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Hero Tales, Vandread, Samurai 7, Blackblood Brother, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, HEROMAN, Prince of Tennis, Ruroni Kenshin, Read or Die, Card Captors, Cowboy Bebop, Fate Stay Night, .hack//sign, .hack//roots, My-Hime, S-Cry-ed, Tenjou Tenge, Big O, Tenchi Muyo, Shaman King, Gurren Lagann, Haruhi Suzumiya, Tsubasa ... to name a few

I love DBZ, FMP, Fairy Tail, FMA Brotherhood, man there are so many I love lol

Dragon Ball and I loved it but it was only on crazy early and on this obscure channel when I was a kid (we also didn't have the internet)

Action/SCIFI

manga because I hate fillers

dub if the actors are well picked

One Piece the original sub and I would say Cowboy Bebop they voiced them perfectly

Natsu - Fairy Tail
Ed - FullMetal Alchemist
Gohan - DBZ (GT Gohan sucks)

I try to watch anything I like when I have time