• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anime of the Week: Hellsing

G

Gankutsuou

All right. I'm experimenting with how active I will be here. Anyways, I'll be bringing you a new anime every time i get a chance, but only one a day at most.

I'll start with one you may or may not have heard of, and that would be the one my name is. Gankutsuou.

Basically, if you have read the Count of Monte Cristo, this anime will appeal much more to you. Basically, Viscount Albert and his friend Franz go to luna. They see the mysterious "Count de Monte Cristo" In the theater. Albert chases after him when he finds his dropped watch, but is unable to give it to him until later, when he is invited by the count. Basically, the count forces Albert into a death game where he can save two Innocent criminals, and one vicious by a roulette of sorts. He unfortunately chooses the serial murderer, who's organization kidnaps him. The count then rescues him, and Luigi of the underground, before he dies, cries out the name "Gankutsuou", explaining shortly about the underground ring leader.

Albert then introduces the count into Paris later. Basically, this introduction will be the downfall of the three main powers in Paris.
The Morcefs, The Danglars, and the Villeforts. The three fathers of these families sent Edmon Dantes into an inescapable prison, and then rose to the top of Paris. One a wealthy stock holder, one an excellent general, and one the supreme judge. Anyways, As it goes on, The Count De Monte Cristo really is this man, and he cleverly exacts his revenge on all three of these figures. It introduces many clever ideas of the future, such as armors (large suits built that are piloted by a person, but look like a really gigantic old knights armor). It has been released on video in the us, but i strongly suggest the Japan version.

Well, next time i'll bring something older schooled perhaps? Feel free to add suggustions in the "new in japan" section for the Anime of the day/week. I'll be sure to look at them. I want to see what the viewers want reviewed ^_^. Feel free to post comments in here about the Anime of the day as well. I don't bite, your opinions should be expressed also.

N

NoSoupFaU2

Hellsing OVA

Alright when is this thing coming out. It was supposed to be in February but its only out online to download. When is the official DVD relesae date????

F

figet

Re: Hellsing OVA

i dont know but you can buy the regular dvds of it just about anywhere you know?iv seen a few of them its so awsome and its funny how when he gets shot up how he just regenates lol

G

Gankutsuou

Re: Hellsing OVA

When? psh. already is out in japan. But guess what? Thank God, America has not liscensed the OVA series yet i believe. Meaning, your release date will be lllooonnnggg from now. But for now, bon apitet, free eps on the net till it gets its liscense.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Re: Anime of the Week

Ya this was something I was going to do.:( But I have been busy so good luck and have fun.:)

L

lilbballfrk

great idea! i would love reading this ever week. Gankutsuou doesn't really appeal to me, but ill wait for the next week's issue! =]

G

Gankutsuou

hmmmm... I'm thinking of going old school next week with like, Perhaps a blast from the past. Future boy Conan, Hellsing, Detective conan? I'd like some requests. As you might see back when i posted the list, i already have quite a few off the top my head, but request are always good.

Vegito728

Registered Member

I liked hellsing so go with that I would like to see what you think of it.:)

B

barfootboards

i'v neever watched Gankutsuou, nor heard of it .. is it any good? ........ also if u want a blast from the past, give ranma a try

G

Gankutsuou

ranma is an anime i have not seen, but i did read the entire manga series, so look forward to seeing that there ;)