Animated Avatar/Sigs

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I noticed that we're not allowed to have that. Is there a specific reason why? I have a really cool sig I wanted to to use that I made for another forum one time. But I can't =P

That one there =P

So why aren't we allowed to have animated ones?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't think we've ever had them here, but I've seen them on other forums and yes, I think they're annoying. I just don't like seeing things moving around when I'm trying to read posts. And it also takes a little longer to load the page.

I turn off sigs all together, let alone seeing a page full of animated gifs. For me, forums are for talking not reminding me I have the attention span of.... oooooh! Pretty bird!

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
True. I like slightly animated avatars and sigs. Like maybe my eyeball blinks every once in awhile. Nothing seizure inducing.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't mind slight animation but that would be really annoying to enforce. That's why we just have them disabled completely. I like being able to read posts without having a seizure too. ;)

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Yeah I think that they are annoying too, plus you can survive without them, it's not like they're a necessity.