Animal Cruelty

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
WARNING: This video is not graphic, it is however quite depressing and very, very hard to watch. I'm not kidding, it WILL ruin your day. It's not necessary to this thread, just an addition. It shows a man throwing a dog off a bridge and he thought it was hilarious as evident by his friends taking pictures and video.

LiveLeak.com - Redefining the Media

How do you think people who abuse and hurt animals should be treated? Do you find yourself feeling more angry than when people hurt people? This is not meant to be a baited comment even though it may sound like it. To me, it reflects how people have much less pity for those who hurt "lesser" creatures.

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
i'm very touchy when it comes to animals. i go beyond limits. i don't want to see the video. i don't think i can handle it from what you're saying.
it hurts more to mistreat the animals than mistreat the people. animals don't have the same capabilities to protect themselves so if you want to mistreat something that's weaker than you, then it means you've got a tiny/narrow heart.
i totally disrespect and hate people who hurt animals, even if those people are my best friends.
a real human is proved in the way he treats animals, then people.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
i'm very touchy when it comes to animals. i go beyond limits. i don't want to see the video. i don't think i can handle it from what you're saying.
it hurts more to mistreat the animals than mistreat the people. animals don't have the same capabilities to protect themselves so if you want to mistreat something that's weaker than you, then it means you've got a tiny/narrow heart.
i totally disrespect and hate people who hurt animals, even if those people are my best friends.
a real human is proved in the way he treats animals, then people.
To play devil's advocate slightly, could they be heartless simply because they never grew up around animals and thus view them as lower creatures and nothing more? Or to put it simply, is it possible for someone to be cruel to animals without being cruel to people?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
growing around animals has nothing to do with being more sensitive towards them.
i've never been raised with any pet at home. but not being around animals, doesn't make me more cruel to them and less cruel to people.
i know people who've been keeping animals at home but didn't really care about them.
so there is no excuse to being cruel to animals. it depends on every individual.
yes, there is possible to be cruel to animals without being cruel to people, whether you're around animals or not.

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
growing around animals has nothing to do with being more sensitive towards them.
You think there is absolutely no connection between people being sensitive towards animals and growing up around them? This is pretty much wrong, Eli. Like with people, you cannot sympathize or understand something as well if you do not experience it. A rich guy can donate money to the poor but unless he has been poor or close to it, chances are he will never sympathize with the poor the same way as someone who was actually poor.

It doesn't mean you need to own an animal to be friendly or sensitive to them, but it does mean that for the most people to have a care for animals, they must experience them. People who grow up sans pets are probably not going to have the same understanding or compassion as someone who did.

ve never been raised with any pet at home. but not being around animals, doesn't make me more cruel to them and less cruel to people.
I never said not having animals makes someone cruel to them, stop assuming.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
People who grow up sans pets are probably not going to have the same understanding or compassion as someone who did.
this may be true, but i stay firm to my thought that there are people who didn't grow up with animals that feel more compassion to people who actually grew up with animals and have less compassion.

if you haven't experienced animals, you may not feel them as much as me but it doesn't give you the right to be cruel to them.
this was what i was trying to say previously.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
this may be true, but i stay firm to my thought that there are people who didn't grow up with animals that feel more compassion to people who actually grew up with animals and have less compassion.
I acknowledged that already.

if you haven't experienced animals, you may not feel them as much as me but it doesn't give you the right to be cruel to them.
this was what i was trying to say previously.
No one in their right mind has ever argued for the right to abuse their pets, Eli. Definitely not on this forum.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
That doesn't even come close to answering that question. I asked if it was possible for people who haven't grown up around animals to just not have that same connection and thus not be so sympathetic towards them. You still haven't answered that yet. All you've said is how much you love animals and how you hate people who abuse them.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
omg cons, are you sleeping??????

heartless simply because they never grew up around animals. is it possible for someone to be cruel to animals without being cruel to people
I asked if it was possible for people who haven't grown up around animals to just not have that same connection and thus not be so sympathetic towards them.

you see the difference? there's a difference when asking about cruelty and there's a difference when asking about "not having the same connection".
you changed the question now. and i said to your first question :cruelty knows no excuse.
here i wasn't talking about how much i love animals.

Last edited: