Animal clothes

Discussion in 'Pets' started by AngelsPeak, May 12, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Have you ever bought an adorable little sweater for your sweet wittle baby ball of fluff?

If so, please take said sweater and wrap it around your neck...tightly.

Does anyone else hate animal clothes as much as I do?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

:lol: Yes, I hate people who dress up their pets. Looks so ridiculous.

3. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Most assuredly. Unless it is 100% for protection against the weather, they are so very annoying. Have you ever actually looked at how much some of those things can cost too. It's insane.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Aside from the occasional bandana, I think it constitutes animal cruelty.

I did however buy mittens for one of my dogginses because she had a hard time walking in the snow/salt.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I think its stupid when people dress their animals. I see no point in putting clothes on something already covered in fur.

6. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Preps mostly do this right? ó_ó

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

That, and lonely old ladies with nothing better to do than knit a few sweaters each night.
    Geez, my life sucks.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I put a t-shirt on my dog once just to see what people would say. I'm not a fan of animal clothes by any means though.

I went over to somebody's house once and their dog had a custom dog hoodie on. It looked so dumb.

The worst is when you see people walking their dogs/cats or whatever and they have shirts on. I always get a good laugh out of seeing that. Mostly because I know the animals don't like it.

9. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

We passed a couple the other day that was out walking their dogs. They had 4, which is no big deal, except they each had one strapped to their front in a baby carrier looking thing and one dog on a leash walking. What's the point of walking your dog if they don't walk.

10. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I don't see how they stand it myself but some animals like being dressed up. There is no way in hell I'm doing it to mine though. The little one will tolerate a blanket during the winter for a short period of time but that's it.