• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Angry Neighbors With Paintball Guns

viLky

ykLiv
Durham, N.C. — A group of Durham residents taking aim at speeders with the threat of a paintball gun said Tuesday that they are "amazed and gratified at the reaction."

The group, Angry Neighbors With Paintball Guns, posted signs at strategic locations throughout the city, warning motorists to slow down or risk being shot at with a paintball gun.

The group does not say if the signs are meant to serve only as an attention-grabber or if it plans to shoot paintballs at vehicles.
The police department has increased patrols in the area recently, Michael said and residents have complimented the police department on its response.

"The Durham Police Department enforces traffic laws, and we plan to continue to be responsive to traffic concerns from residents throughout the city," she said.

Michael said it is a crime to shoot a paintball at a vehicle and that the signs could be a distraction for some drivers and make the problem worse.
Source: 'Angry Neighbors With Paintball Guns' amazed at reaction :: WRAL.com

Wouldn't shooting somebody's car with a paintball gun cause a distraction and might lead them to a crash? Not to mention the damage to the car, and that it's illegal. All I know is I would be PISSED if anybody shot my car with a paintball gun when I was driving down the road - even if I was speeding. =o

If speeding is THAT bad why don't they get some speed bumps on the street? You'll do some damage to your car if you speed through those. Oh, and, you'll have the police focus on more important matters, the residents will be at ease and the overall safety of that area will be up.

Hiei

The Hierophant
HA!

Actually, depending on how high you have the PSI for the paintball gun, you could do little to no damage to the vehicle itself besides the paint being stuck until you wash it off. They'll welt a body, but they won't do much to a car. And as long as they don't shoot the windshield, I don't see how it'd be a huge distraction. Sure, you'd hear something hit your car, but that's about it. That's not to say that it should be any more or less legal, I'm just saying.

But I like these ANWPG, people. I want to join in their crusade!

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Airsoft guns could easily leave dents in a cars body at 20 yards, just saying.......
Considering the minimal damage a paintball gun would do at any range beyond 10 yards, the least it would do is make a thumping noise on impact, maybe a damage to the car's paint job, but no real damage would be done

dDave

V.I.P.
It wouldn't be the end of the world if your car got shot, but yeah it'd still be really annoying and I'd likely be really mad.

And who's to say who's speeding and who's not? We all know that guy has no way to know how fast they're actually going.

I think speedbumps are a much better solution (the shorter kind so that way it does real damage to the car if they're going too fast over it.)

Shooting people's cars is dangerous, what if you happen to somehow break the drivers window and it hits them, or any window for that matter.

Some people come up with such retarded solutions to problems... :lol:

SuiGeneris

blue 3
You know is it just me or would any of you purposely speed through this residential area and see if their car gets shot. I mean why not. Try to get a new paint job!

Nah I like the idea, it's kind of funnny. Realistically though, it's not a good idea, but I think they already got what they wanted accomplished so good for them.

Arcadoc

Registered Member
Speed limits are posted in residential areas for a reason. Because often there are kids playing in their yards, and at times kids can have a habit of wandering into streets. Also take into account the possibility, however remote it might be, that a tire might blow out on the vehicle. Or the driver could be talking on their cell phone, or texting, or eating, drinking, changing clothes, putting on makeup, or distracted in some other way. Thus there is always the possibility that the driver could lose control of their vehicle. If it's in a narrow street, they could collide with another vehicle. In rare instances, they could inadvertantly drive up into someone's yard.

Allow me to relate this personal experience: I live in an unincorporated area of my county, close to a lake and not far from a marina with a boat dock. This is a residential area, which is posted as a 35MPH speed zone. My house is only 1/5 of a mile from a "T" intersection, which is in the opposite direction from the marina. Anyone coming from that direction has to make a turn to come towards my house. Yet, drivers constantly speed on this section of road, in both directions. One Saturday morning, a guy driving a pickup truck was hauling a boat and trailer made that turn and was headed towards the marina, and somehow lost control of his vehicle. It veered off the road, hit my mailbox, destroying both the box and it's supporting post in the process, crossing a 10' wide ditch, and finally came to a rest in my front yard. How he managed that in such a short distance and at such a "presumed" low speed is beyond me. Personally, I think the guy must have been shining his shoes, but regardless, those things do happen.

I'm not particularly in favor of people shooting paintball guns at vehicles. On the other hand, at times people have to take whatever actions they feel are both responsible and necessary. IOW, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. ;)