Angels and Airwaves

G

GreenFX

You've probably heard of their CD "We Don't need to Whisper"*(AlternPunk)
You probably know The Offspring Drummer, Tom DeLonge, and sum other people are in the band
You probably know that Blink-182 broke up and formed two bands (Angels AA and Plus 44)
Do you think AAA is okay or bad? Me I think some of their songs are okay but most of them are bad. Blink-182 is better. The Adventure was pretty good but the other songs got TOO repetitive. If you don't know who they are, go to Wikipedia and type in Angels And Airwaves and you'll see.

Why... why do they all have such stupid sounding names...?
Name [append].
Blink 182
Angels AA
Plus 44

It's very silly in my opinion.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Im pretty big AVA fan I saw them live and wasnt anticipating them to have such a good live performance ( i went to the concert to see taking back sunday) but as it turns out they gave one of thebest live performances ive seen. TBS was actually mediocre. I have about three +44 songs dled they are demos and crappyuality but they sound pretty good.

I can understand how people think AVA is repetitive but alot of music gets repetitive to me. AVA I like cuz its mellow and although they have the same guitar riffs and computer sounds at times its easy listening and less poppy than say blink. However i do wish more songs were like The Adventure and The War.

D

Ds136

I'm a big fan of Tom Delonge, have been since Blink 182. Loved his other side project Boxcar Racer. AVA has a real nice feel to it I think, love The Adventure and Hurt.

Was unaware Mark and Travis had a new project going on. I'll have to check it out. I was kind of upset after Blink 182 broke up, they were one of my favorite bands. Their newest CD was really good I though in my opinion it showed off their talents as musicians way better than their previous cds.

Just listened to +44's single and I'm really impressed. I actually like it a lot.

G

GreenFX

I dunno, who do you think is gonna be more successful? Plus 44 or AVA? Do you think they'll ever get as popular as Blink did?

D

Ds136

From hearing a couple Pluss 44 songs they seem to have alot of the same vibe as Blink 182, I definately think they will be more popular than AVA, how more talented AVA is in my opinion. Don't think either will get ot the popularity of Blink 182.

G

GreenFX

Yeah, I didn't think so either (that they'd get more popular than Blink-182)
Did you know The dude (Tom Delonge) in AVA is responsible for the Blink breakup? Check it out on mtv.com.

D

Ds136

Yeah, I didn't think so either (that they'd get more popular than Blink-182)
Did you know The dude (Tom Delonge) in AVA is responsible for the Blink breakup? Check it out on mtv.com.
I kind of assumed it was something to do with him, I mean because Travis and Mark made a band together without Tom so they must have had a problem with him.

G

GreenFX

Yeah, Tom said he broke up cuz the dude from Geffen Rec. made a new label and wanted to support him and cuz he said two whole months off a year wasn't enough of a vacation. He wanted six. Like two whole months wasn't enough of a vacation. And then he didn't wanna work with the other two band members. And to make him even worse he stole the indevelopment songs from Blink-182 and used them for the AVA album. What an ass.