• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Andrew McCutchen injured

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Andrew McCutchen has a broken rib, not an oblique strain, according to the Tribune Review's Travis Sawchick:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/ ... ue-strain/

And this means the injury was almost certainly caused by the plunking against the D'backs.

No DL listing as I type this, but I imagine he'll be scratched from the lineup for a day or two. Terrible timing, with the Pirates being a mere half game behind division rival Cardinals for the second Wild Card. Fortunately, Josh Harrison has provided substantial depth to the Pittsburgh outfield. Should McCutchen be placed on the 15-day DL, Pittsburgh's chances aren't necessarily shot.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Back to what I was saying in the OP. Gibson should really get suspended for purposely throwing at McCutchen like that. You can clearly see that he was gunning for him.

He almost hopped directly behind McCutchen to give the target. Like to hear the explanation if anyone in MLB offices asks.

Yesterday the Pirates placed him on the 15-day DL. He didn't appear in a single game since the injury.