• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Andrew Friedman leaves Rays for Dodgers

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Tampa Bay Rays GM Andrew Friedman has resigned and taken the same position with the Los Angeles Dodgers replacing Ned Colletti who has taken a senior advisor position. Rumors are now that he will dump Don Mattingly and trade for Joe Maddon to manage the Dodgers. Makes sense Maddon is an LA guy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Holy cow, that's huge. Colletti's roster construction "skills" were that franchise's glaring weakness.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I hear Yasiel Puig is on the market. Perhaps a Puig for Maddon and Longoria trade on the horizon? ;)

On a side note, didn't there used to be a rule about no lateral moves in MLB?

willge87

Registered Member
Friedman was great working with what he had in Tampa Bay. It'll be interesting to see how he approaches a large market club as the Dodgers are clearly missing something based on all of their early departures from the playoffs over previous years.

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
BJBirdy said:
I hear Yasiel Puig is on the market. Perhaps a Puig for Maddon and Longoria trade on the horizon? ;)

On a side note, didn't there used to be a rule about no lateral moves in MLB?
You can take whatever job you want. Some people have it written into their contracts by the team that's why Theo Epstein is the Cubs President. He was Vice President/General Manager in Boston. Red Sox had a clause.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
He's a great baseball mind and he's about to face a different set of issues. No this isn't Tampa bay and he isn't asked to run LA like TB. It's a change of philosophy. They gave colletti a chance now they bring in their guy to do it their way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Baseball 2
Babe_Ruth Baseball 3
V NBA 2
Babe_Ruth NBA 32
Crypticshock College Sports 2