Anderson, Larionov heed Hall call

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Turbo, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

NHL.com - News

2. padd

padd Registered Member

Adam Oates deserved HOF more than Stevens, but that's just me.

3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Stevens was last year.....this is the group going in to the HHOF for 2008.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I dissagree about Oates vs. Stevens. Scott Stevens was an Iconic defenseman that embodied an edgy style of play that has rarely if ever been played as well as he did.

Lots of people hated playing against him because of that style, but everyone LOVED having him on their team. Adam Oates agreeably deserves his spot in the HHOF, but Stevens IMO deserved it more.

5. canadian24

canadian24 Registered Member

I think it was a real toss up between the two. Lets face it Oates was a staple for passers back in the day. The Blues , Bruins and Caps were very lucky to have him for the time they did. But at the same time Stevens was one of the main reasons his team won the cup in the years they did.

This year I think that finally Anderson gets his call. In my opinion he was one of the better pure scorers around back in the day and didn't really get a lot of credit because well he scored well over 400 goals and they wait this long to send him to the hall. Come on.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Very glad that Anderson finally made it to the Hall, he was an incredible player and he deserves to be it.

Same could be said about Larionov, he was an incredible hockey player. He was also very entertaining to watch. He was also better in Russia then he was in North America.

Congratulations to everyone that got in.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I got to see Glenn Anderson play a ton when he wore the Blue Note. He was a very skilled player and deserves the call.