And so the printer problems continue

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Clear_Note, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

So, after 5 years I finally got around to buying a new printer/scanner/copier, going from an all-in-one 1350 to an all-in-one C-4385. I tried to install the new CD. But guess what. Once it was like half way there, it stopped and a message popped up saying the installation was cancelled because of a failure, because Windows Installer is not correctly installed. How do I fix windows installer on my Windows XP?

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

3. Clear_Note

The second link is dead. And the msiexec thing isn't working, it says it can't find it.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Sounds to me like you have a problem with windows, I have absolutely no idea how to "fix" windows installer, of course you could try re installing it that's a simple first suggestion.

My suggestion would be to reinstall windows if you can, with windows xp it's really not that difficult.

6. Clear_Note

What would happen if i reinstalled windows? Would it do anything to my existing data and files?

And I already installed the first thing you gave me 3.1. It didn't help, I don't know if it failed to replace my older version or if something happened, but it doesn't look like there's any difference.

And no matter what the run can't find it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

If you reinstalled windows windows would be completely fresh all of the files would be exactly the way that they are supposed to be.

The files that make windows run can easily be affected by...

programs that you install can affect how windows operates
    viruses can damage portions of windows to make it less stable.
    adware can replace sections of windows with other things

really windows is a very vulnerable operating system.

has your computer been running slower than it should be?

But if you restart windows be absolutely sure to backup everything that you want.

But don't restart just yet I'd definitely wait for other replies to this thread I don't believe that restarting windows is the way to go if there is a better option, I just don't see a better option somebody else might.

8. Clear_Note

I SERIOUSLY don't want to clear my whole system unless someone gave me a free 30 gigabyte CD that I can put all my stuff into first. >_>

My computer is pretty old, I think 2 or 3 years, it probably took alot of damage since then. But all I want to know is how to fix windows installer easily. TT_TT
    ------
    Anyone? D:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
    Vegito728 likes this.
  9. Rapier

Rapier Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Setup and install*HP Photosmart C4385 All-in-One

HP wants to install huge amounts of software with their products. Go to their site. Maybe you had some sort of partial install failure. Maybe they can guide you through a basic install.

10. Clear_Note

But it's not the installation I have a problem with, it's the thing that installs it that I have a problem with. Internet download or CD download, I can't get it into my computer without windows installer messing it up.