Xbox Brand And so the Countdown begins

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Halo 3 comes out september 25th. Seems like a short wait actually a mere 14 days.

So who has preordered the game and what edition.

I preordered the game at Gametop the Collector's edition.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
On the day Halo 2 launched in 2004, then-Microsoft corporate VP of marketing and sales Peter Moore made the seemingly audacious claim that Bungie's shooter would gross $100 million within 24 hours. Rash as it seemed, the guesstimate turned out to be on the conservative side, as Microsoft quickly announced Bungie's shooter had sold a record-setting 2.38 million units worldwide on day one, generating some $125 million in revenue.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6178712.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;more;7

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
I am totally gonna get bashed for this but I never was that impressed by the Halo franchise. I think gears of war is far more innovative. Idk but thats just my opinion

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I am totally gonna get bashed for this but I never was that impressed by the Halo franchise. I think gears of war is far more innovative. Idk but thats just my opinion

Halo took alot from other games and combined them. I will say that but their "shield" system has now been used in almost all next gen games. We also see more games with compelling stories and multiplers because of the franchise.

The only game that really that set the pace before Halo was Half-Life.

The one thing I found really innovative about gears was the reloading system. Very few shooters come up with new elements like that. Alot of rehashing is done and I have played tons of shooters. And I like gears of war BUT Gears has alot of random element in play which is what I hate. Sometimes it doesnt matter how well you aim or what gun your hitting the opponent with random shit happens all the time. You can't refine your game as much in halo and most shooters there is consistency so your game can gradually progress.

Hell in gears im ranked in the top 16000 but there is a random element in the game that makes it so "bad" players can kill "good" players on more than just an off chance. Which is what makes gears so frustrating.

I still find Halo to be the best. Your not the highest grossing release in entertainment history in a 24hr window if you suck...

Kyo_Muramasa

Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n
I've never liked Halo, it just doesn't appeal to me. Plus what's the use of playing a game that everyone else is grabbing and by done one all the things you need to know are swarming all over the net about it? Takes the fun out of it all. But if I were to play a game like that I would go to what my friend suggested and play Half-Life >.>;

Corona

Registered Member
I just finished it.

And.....

Oh my god. It was worth the wait. And the caffeine hangover. And the hours of my life spent. Oh my god.

Btw, make sure you watch till after all the credits. Trust me.