and now the wait!

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by icegoat63, Jul 19, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Ive been killing time all day until it was time to hit the theatre. Well here we are....sitting in the stupid pre-movie trivia slides.

anyone else hate these? I mean Ive been waiting all day to watch this flick. Couldnt they just play like the TV spots? Get us pumped that way? I dont care who the best boy was on the set of "a star was born"

Also jessalope had this to add:

The people above us smell like theyve been working in a sweatshop all day......do these people not know what deoderant is!

Movies about to begin.....wooooooooot!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
    Mirage likes this.

2. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

this was done from a cell phone. I can smell it.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Haha I assume you are watching it by now. Anyway yeah I really wish they would just show like 20 movie trailers while you wait instead of the movie trivia and stupid facts.

Usually by the time the previews start I'm psyched just to watch ANYTHING, let alone the actual movie I went there for. Maybe that's why they make sure you are bored before the previews, so you actually watch them. ;)

4. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

actually i like previews, at the theator i usually go to they tell you the movie starts 15-30 minutes before the actual movie starts, just so you get there in time for the previews and trailors. now why do i like this??? because i can be a half hour late and still see te beginning of the movie. :D

5. zero

zero Registered Member

Haha love it. good reason

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Previews and trailers are different then those stupid slides though. They never have enough in there for you to only see it once. Sometimes I'll see it 3-4 times before the previews start which is why he icegoat was probably surfing lol

I'll sometimes surf or play games on my phone because normally I don't buy snacks.

7. icegoat63

yeah snacks and schtuff is just to expensive.

I love the trailers... if they did nothing but play the trailers to upcoming movies I'd love it! I mean thats like one of the few times the average joe gets to become a full fledged critic. Think of it.... you're sitting there (say at this Dark Knight Movie) and the trailer of that new Jason Stathom movie comes on. Tons of action.. guns, missiles, cars blowing up! Now its done. You turn to the person next to you, toss a peice of popcorn or two in your mouth and make a quick 30 second review of how that looks good, right along the lines of the mad max beyond thunderdome sorta flick.

Then the next one keys up. This time its James Bond Quantom of Solace... trailer plays its course, now its over. You look back to the person next to you and comment about how early it seems for another bond flick to come out! Wasnt the last bond flick just out? Either way its bond! I cant wait.

lol dont deny it... we all do it.

But those dumb trivia slides that play 3-4 even 5 times before the movie are the ones that annoy me. I try my butt off to get there early... not for the slides, but for the seat! You'd think they'd have either some good music or trailers or somethign playing. Jeeze!

8. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

The only trailer that got me hyped was for WATCHMEN. Most trailers give me the yawns, such as the ones for DEATH RACE and THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL. But the WATCHMEN trailer...woo hoo! I wanna see that bad boy right NOW.

I'm still kinda leery about THE SPIRIT, tho. It's looks more like SIN CITY II than The Spirit I know...

9. icegoat63

You know what.. I didnt follow Darkhorse Comics as a kid, I was always a Marvel Fan myself. So I have absolutely NO clue who or what the Watchmen was.

I was however really on the edge of my seat during that trailer. Whats with the guy that looks kinda like a batman rip off? I'll have to do some more research on that comic.... I have a feeling NightSurfer could probably be my best resource in this department.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I wanted to see TDK this weekend but.............it's not yet showing in France until August 13. *cries*