• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GameBoy Analogue Pocket (new GameBoy)

dDave

V.I.P.
If you haven't heard of Analogue, they make FPGA reproduction consoles which is effectively a way to recreate original hardware as close as possible. Their stuff is always super high quality and has a lot of support for things people in the community want. They've made a new release of the NES, SNES, and Genesis at this point, all with proper HDMI/scaling support and the option to run on analog cables if you want.

One that I thought people here at the forum would appreciate is the upcoming Analogue Pocket. A super high quality gameboy remake.

Can play games from Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Arati Lynx, Neo Geo Pocket, and Sega Game Gear. It's one small device and can do ALL of this.

It's designed on an FPGA chip which means it will run and function as close to original hardware as possible. The guy that makes these is meticulous and simply gets it right.

It'll also come with a docking feature so you can throw the games up on your TV.

I'm strongly considering getting one of these. My older handhelds are really starting to break down and either need some repair help or a replacement. This would be the ideal solution.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Now this is something I can get behind. I would love to have an HDMI N64. I know they're out there.

dDave

V.I.P.
Now this is something I can get behind. I would love to have an HDMI N64. I know they're out there.
I actually kinda sorta have one, lol. A bit of a nerd. I don’t have the ultraHDMI kit but I do have an RGB N64 with an OSSC, 95% as good as the ultra HDMI.

I think Analogue will tackle N64 next or very soon. The problem is that a powerful enough FPGA doesn’t exist yet to do it. It would need a lot more power than say a SNES.